Lead, Federal Government Relations
The USGR function is a part of the Global External Affairs team with a major focus on protecting and growing the US business while promoting a sustainable innovation model with government officials and a variety of stakeholders in the health ecosystem.
- Responsible for developing, establishing, and managing federal government affairs positions and strategies to drive business priorities.
- Serve as a liaison between Sanofi and federal agencies, legislators, and staff for designated business areas and lobby on assigned topics.
- Ensures that all investments and activities in government relations programming within the assigned area are fully compliant with all applicable legal standards and internal ethics requirements
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with colleagues in federal, state and policy – as well as across External Affairs – to develop and execute integrated advocacy strategies to advance public that promote and reward scientific advances to deliver health solutions for patients.
- Develops and implements government affairs strategy and tactical program in line with USGR and EA strategies in a designated business area;
- Leads engagements by Sanofi management, both Global and US, with federal officials and lobbies covered officials as necessary while developing and maintaining relationships with Members and staff;
- Analyzes and monitors legislation, regulations and political activities relating to issues that may impact Sanofi in designated business areas;
- Ability to represent One Sanofi with public policy stakeholders and thought leaders;
- Prepares analyses, testimony and background materials that support Sanofi’s policy positions in designated business areas;
- Allies with private and non-profit organizations to advance common legislative and regulatory objectives;
- Participates in national trade association activities and monitors and influences trade group agenda to ensure that it is in line with Sanofi principles and positions in designated business areas;
- As assigned, manages contract lobbyists’ activities within designated business area
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- 5 years government relations experience
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community