Hospital Business Manager, Vaccines Sales - Washington DC
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"At Sanofi, We are guided by a deep appreciation and understanding of what it means to live with a rare blood disorder, and we learn by listening to the community – patients, caregivers physicians, and other healthcare professionals."
"Patients are at the center of all that we do at Sanofi. Our teams are focused on advancing transformational therapies that can address serious unmet needs for people living with rare blood disorders, and expanding global patient access to our medicines."
Hospital Business Manager, US Vaccines
Who You Are:
You are a dynamic self-starter interested in achieving and exceeding individual and organizational sales goals. You are action-oriented and innovative with an entrepreneurial spirit that motivates you to deliver success. You seek to gain experience with a cutting-edge pharmaceutical company that is committed to making positive impact on patient’s lives. You desire to gain experience, develop yourself and grow you career with future roles at Sanofi with increasing levels of responsibility.
At Sanofi US, we are committed to the growth of our people, connected in purpose by career, life, and health. Sanofi has been recognized as a top 50 company for diversity in 2021 by Diversity Inc. Sanofi US is part of a leading global healthcare company that is dedicated to improving health and driving back disease by making innovative medicines accessible to people around the world. The Vaccines business has been a global leader in vaccines for 100 years, protecting patients against flu, meningitis, polio, pertussis, bronchiolitis and much more. We supply more than 2.5 million doses of vaccines every day, making it possible to immunize over half a billion people worldwide per year.
The Hospital Business Manager will report to a Hospital Division Associate Director and partner with the rest of the Hospital Account sales team. The Hospital Account sales team is responsible for engaging key stakeholders within standalone and complex hospital accounts, and integrated delivery network (IDNs). This includes major comprehensive and large community hospitals. This team is responsible for sales achievement and relationship development across the entire patient journey within aligned institutions and surrounding hospital service areas. Products are promoted, as appropriate, and in-serviced at critical HCP decision points throughout the hospital.
- Develop and maintain superior clinical expertise with our brand and disease state/conditions to effectively educate and engage hospital healthcare professionals (HCP) in a dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Function independently, demonstrating a high-degree of sales proficiency to drive sales performance, and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
- Identify key customer segments, channels, and opportunities regionally. Evaluate and prioritize business across many different types of customer segments including: Hospital accounts, institutional systems and integrated delivery network (IDNs); both Academic, Comprehensive and large Community Hospitals.
- Support and capitalize on formulary approvals, implementation of protocols, and order sets, as appropriate, through effective development of a strategic targeting plan by using promotional, personnel resources, and analytical tools to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales geography, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- Provide education to hospital HCPs and clinical end-users about Sanofi products and their use in appropriate patients and providing information about available patient support programs, where available.
- Provide new disease state education to HCPs and clinical end-uses about RSV and its impact to current and potential patients within their hospital.
- Develop expertise in understanding account and market dynamics, stakeholder mapping and management, referral network navigation, access, account department drivers, patient pathway, etc. within target institutions.
- Where appropriate, collaborate and align efforts with internal Sanofi stakeholders to engage with key institutions/HCPs, including partnership with other sales teams, medical, and market access teams as needed within established compliance guidelines.
- Support, maintain, and execute Strategic Account plans, providing account and patient-focused solutions, and connecting the right solution to the right account stakeholder.
- Proactively identify business opportunities, present value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives, and recommend solutions to drive and develop business.
- Collaborate across functional areas to drive win/win outcomes that align to organizational objectives, understand basic business principles and interpret resources available to make sound business decisions.
- Complete continuous and autonomous self-education and development, seeking feedback to raise awareness and gain insight into strengths and developmental needs.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience with 2 or more years hospital selling experience
- Cross-functional hospital and health system selling experience across multiple departments and contract types with demonstrated experience and mastery in account management
- Proven success engaging key stakeholders in complex cross functional teams and clinical environments (mid to senior level healthcare professionals, key accounts and the medical community)
- Strong scientific acumen in a highly competitive environment
- Proven, documented track record for delivering consistent, 'Top-tier' sales results in hospitals and hospital systems
- Effective teamwork/collaboration with Sanofi teams to successfully develop and implement account plans
- Ability to work effectively independently and in an interdependent, team-oriented environment on a consistent basis
- Clinical expertise and hospital P&T experience with ability to overcome barriers to achieve formulary addition
- Payer and reimbursement understanding
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
- Excellence in demonstrating personal leadership and being a role model; aligning with company core values and Play to Win Behaviors: Act, Stretch, Think One Sanofi, Focus on Patients and Customers
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Ability to travel within territory on a regular basis which may include overnight and weekend travel
- 8+ years of pharmaceutical sales experience with 4 or more years hospital selling experience
- Existing hospital relationships within the market
- Experience developing, implementing, executing, and measuring success with accounts and formulary decisions
- Specific knowledge of vaccine sales or buy and bill, distribution, administration and reimbursement
- Hospital launch experience within the last 4 years
- Knowledge of the managed market dynamics and competitive landscape in the acute care and/or vaccine space
Candidates must complete all fleet safety training and must maintain an acceptable driving record regarding accidents and incidents.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.