This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
The Complement-mediated Anemia and Thrombocytopenia Research Cluster in the Rare Blood Disorder Therapeutic Area is seeking a highly motivated and innovative PhD level scientist to join our growing team. S/he will support and/or lead research programs focused on anemias and thrombocytopenias with complement mediated disease pathology. This individual will play a pivotal role in coordinating cross-functional activities within exploratory and discovery research and provide insight into how complement activation drives pathology in disease states of interest. The candidate will support the progression of existing projects in various stages of research and development, contribute to the identification and validation of new targets, design and lead discovery efforts to identify novel therapeutic candidates, and characterize their mechanism of action.
- Identify and validate targets in the complement pathway and develop molecules to interrogate complement system biology, primarily focused on blood disorders
- Design and execution of in vitro/in vivo proof of concept studies to support the characterization and advancement of candidate molecules
- Stay current with scientific literature and state of the art techniques to lead novel assay development and enhance our understanding of disease mechanism
- Collaborate productively with scientific colleagues; potential to manage an associate level scientist
- Establish relationships with key internal stakeholders, including research platforms and support functions within the larger Sanofi organization to lead new discovery efforts and advance portfolio projects
- Communicate strategy and progress internally to key stakeholders in Research and present externally at national and international scientific and disease-focused meetings
- PhD with three or more years of experience in hematology, pharmacology, biology or related field
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with in vitro and/or in vivo studies, including a strong track record of peer-reviewed publications supporting their research programs
- Possesses excellent teamwork, communication, organizational, and project management skills
- Background/experience in the complement system
- Preference will be given to individuals with previous experience in discovery research and project leadership
- Isolation and manipulation of blood components (human/non-human primate) is a plus
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community