Senior Financial Analyst - External Manufacturing
Job Title: Sr. Financial Analyst – External Manufacturing
Direct Manager: Mariana Hohn
Location: Waltham, MA. May consider 1 to 2 days a week Cambridge MA.
This Sr. Financial Analyst position supports the External Manufacturing organization of Sanofi-Genzyme, with a focus on financial planning and analysis, standard costs and tracking of actual performance. External Manufacturing is the organization that supports the Contract Manufacturing Operations network within Sanofi. It is multi-functional and multi-geographical including both internal and external teams.
This is a great opportunity to become a key contributor to the success of a global organization managing a broad portfolio of healthcare solutions in rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology, Ethics & CHC. As Sr. Financial Analyst you will be working with a fast-paced team, providing financial insights and accurate and timely figures to help the decision making process. The successful candidate will be analytical, highly adaptable to changes and focused on driving results. The scope of work will encompass the preparation of standard costs, variance analyses, headcount and OPEX controlling, budgeting and forecasting (Strategic Plan / Annual Budget / F1 / F2 / Quarterly Landings), Month-end Close, monthly financial reporting package and ad-hoc requests.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for gathering of all financial planning data required to complete budget and forecast activities. Deliver accurate budget projections for all financial flows and transactions involved in the production process of multiple Contract Manufacturing Operations. Challenge the status quo, streamline processes and deliver reliable financial forecasts.
• Responsible for meeting all FP&A calendar deadlines and generating timely reports.
• Monitor key contractual manufacturing commitments and prepare analysis of financial impact as a result of deviations from commitments. Provide financial insights to External Manufacturing managers and have the ability to influence key decisions involving Contract Manufacturing Operations purchases and commitments.
• Understand product and financial flows and related contract risks. Effectively maintain working relationships and partnerships with cross functional / cross geographical teams to resolve financial issues stemming from Contract Manufacturing Operations.
• Perform month-end closing activities including preparation and submission of journal entries and account reconciliations, monitoring and validation of accruals, analysis and validation of manufacturing variances to standard costs and calculation and booking of capitalization of variances to standard costs.
• Assist with the preparation of month-end reporting and providing monthly commentary to explain variances between actual results and / or budget / forecasts.
• Make accurate and timely submissions in different accounting and reporting systems (SAP, TM1, HFM).
• Support the preparation of standard costs for products moving through the External Supply organization in compliance with Sanofi policies and CRI methodology for the budget process and throughout the year for new product launches or product flow changes.
• Request and maintain Transfer Prices in a multi Legal Entity environment as needed to comply with complex financial product flows. Monitor accurate booking of eliminations in the consolidated P&L.
• Regularly monitor inventory for reconciliation issues and assist in the process to resolve issues as they happen.
• Tracking and reconciliation of inventory data with Quality, Supply Chain and CMOs on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and reliability of information submitted for financial reporting.
• Prepare financial reports, presentations and tracking of KPIs for various cross-functional forums.
• Maintain internal controls and apply Sanofi financial policies to processes within the External Manufacturing organization. Prepare monthly schedules necessary for SOX and Internal Control processes.
• Assist in the process to provide necessary internal / external audit documentation in the validation of the CRI process and related processes.
• Maintain close coordination with the Methods and Procedure team, Shared Business Services, corporate accounting teams (Tax, Transfer Price, etc.), and Global Supply Chain in the standard cost setting process and the monthly closing process.
• Provide financial support during renewal of supply contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting /Finance required.3 to 5 years of work experience in Finance/Accounting. Emphasis on financial analysis, budgeting and month-end close. Experience in cost accounting a plus.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing company. Experience within the pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of a financial reporting system (SAP, Oracle, HFM, or TM1). Advanced knowledge of Excel. Knowledge of Power Point.
- Excellent communication skills and people skills.
- Feel comfortable in a changing and fast pace environment.
- Experience working with a team and collaborating cross functionally. Experience in a multicultural and multi-national environment is preferred.
- This position may require up to 10% travel.
Sanofi is committed to providing innovative self-care solutions to allow people all over the world to better manage their personal health. Our healthcare solutions are available in over 170 countries across the world. Every day, more than 100,000 employees are involved in empowering life - become one of those people and help us to create a healthier world. We were recently named to Forbes 2019 list of America’s Best Large Employers.”
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community