Senior Associate Scientist
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and meticulous scientist to join our gene therapy research group within Rare Blood Disorders at Sanofi in Waltham, MA. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of novel gene therapy treatments for Hemophilia and other rare blood diseases. The incumbent will have significant experiences in molecular biology techniques, baculovirus-insect cell system, and production of lentiviral, baculoviral and/or AAV vectors.
- Generation and optimization of viral vectors for novel gene therapy.
- Production and purification of recombinant baculoviral and/or AAV vectors.
- Transfection and infection in insect as well as mammalian cell lines.
- Generate stably transformed insect and mammalian cell lines.
- Development and optimization of conditions for large-scale research grade production of viral vectors.
- Data analysis, record keeping and troubleshooting experimental problems.
- Working experiences in laboratory methods in molecular biology, virology, and recombinant DNA technology is required.
- Extensive experience in producing and purifying baculoviral and/or AAV vectors is required.
- Extensive experience in insect and/or mammalian cell cultures is required.
- Working experience with adherent and suspension cell cultures at large scale is plus.
- Working experience with tangential flow filtration and chromatographic methods is plus.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Meticulous in cell culture, laboratory techniques, and record keeping.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus minimum 4 years of relevant research experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical setting OR Master’s Degree plus minimum 1 year of relevant research experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical setting in the field of Virology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Cell biology, Biochemistry or related fields.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community