Senior Associate Scientist- Waltham, MA
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative individual to join our Bleeding Disorders group within the Rare Blood Disorders cluster at Sanofi. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to various research projects and will support efforts to characterize and develop preclinical and clinical stage biologics aimed at treating patients with bleeding disorders. Duties will include a broad range of biochemical techniques and execution of established functional assays to assess the efficacy and mechanism of various emerging modalities (i.e. bispecific antibodies, siRNA, etc.) currently in development for the treatment of hemophilia and other bleeding disorders.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Work in a cross-functional team environment to advance discovery projects and support clinical products
- Perform various preclinical and clinical coagulation assays to assess the activity and mechanisms therapeutic candidates
- Novel method development using a combination of biochemical techniques
- Plan, execute and troubleshoot experiments using appropriately selected methods and techniques to support advancement of drug candidates.
- Independent data generation and analysis, paired with documenting work in an electronic notebooking system and presenting data at team meetings
- Ability to change directions and work on a broad range of scientific problems
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- BS degree with 5+ years of experience or MS degree with 2+ years of experience in the field of biochemistry, biology, hematology, or related field
- Previous hands on experience in assay development and execution of plate based assays to determine functional activity (dose responses, EC50, IC50, etc.) and demonstrated familiarity with dynamic range and matrix effects
- Experience with standard biochemical and molecular biology techniques including tissue culture, molecular cloning, ELISA, western blots, binding assays (i.e. Octet), etc.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, self-management, task planning, and organization skills
- Background in coagulation/clotting, experience with hematologic assays, or working with biological samples including serum, plasma, and whole blood is a plus but not essential
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community