Senior Associate Scientist L1-2 - Medicinal Chemistry, Integrated Drug Discovery
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Synthetic organic chemist with deep knowledge of organic chemistry principles and modern synthetic methods to design and execute efficient synthetic routes for target compounds and the progression of drug discovery projects.
- Design efficient synthetic routes for small molecule targets for drug discovery programs.
- Use reaction and reagent databases to select effective techniques/routes to maximize productivity and provide solutions to complex multi-step synthetic problems.
- Apply suitable purification and characterization techniques to purify and characterize target compounds and intermediates to meet project timelines.
- Proficient in the use of analytical techniques for structural characterization and able to interpret simple to moderately complex NMR spectra.
- Register compounds in corporate database and maintain electronic laboratory notebooks according to SOP.
- Help to prepare patents and publications by providing detail experimental procedures of laboratory work.
- Champion new chemistry techniques, reagents and methodology in discovery chemistry and participate in group/lab responsibilities.
- Utilize internal databases and tools to understand SAR around project data and be able to prioritize work based on emerging data.
- Work independently and collaborate with other team members to design target compounds which address chemistry and medicinal chemistry challenges.
- Continue to learn from the literature, meetings and personnel to solve chemistry and medicinal chemistry challenges.
- Communicate and interact with other staff/team members in a professional and courteous manner.
- Operate in the lab in a safe and efficient manner according to HSE guidelines and adhere to all mandatory company compliance requirements.
- Adapt to changes and challenges in a productive and professional manner.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 4 years of relevant research experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical setting OR Master’s Degree with minimum 2 years of relevant research experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical setting.
- Experience with design, execution and optimization of synthetic routes using current/latest synthetic methodology.
- Expert user of various purification techniques and be able to adopt to new innovative technology.
- Interpret analytical data independently and fully characterize novel target compounds.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community