Senior Associate Scientist, Hemoglobinopathies Research
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced senior associate scientist to join our dynamic Hemoglobinopathies Research team to support development of novel potential therapeutics for the treatment of sickle cell disease. The candidate will provide experimental support for in vitro and in vivo evaluation of novel therapies, including murine PK/PD studies, cellular efficacy experiments and evaluating mechanism-of-actions of novel potential therapies. The successful candidate must demonstrate the capacity for independent working, critical thinking and strong analytical skills to evaluate complex information for the identification of key scientific findings related to projects. The candidate should also be flexible and adapt easily to changing needs.
- Work in a cross-functional team environment to design, execute, analyze and troubleshoot experiments to advance discovery projects.
- Perform acute and chronic PK/PD experiments with small molecules and/or biologics in mouse models.
- Optimize and develop new murine models of sickle cell disease to evaluate the efficacy of therapeutics.
- Plan and execute cell culture experiments using hematopoietic primary cells or cell lines to characterize the efficacy, potency and mechanism of action of new therapeutics.
- Present research work at project team meetings and effectively collaborate with scientists to advance programs.
- Basic laboratory experience is required in in vivo and in vitro settings.
- Previous experience in small animal studies is required including dosing, blood sampling, dissection and/or surgical techniques.
- Experience in standard techniques such as Western blot, ELISA, Flow cytometry and/or microscopy is preferred.
- Technical abilities in biochemistry and molecular biology as well as experience in assay development and troubleshooting are a plus.
- Multi-tasking and time management skills are expected.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences plus at least 4 years of relevant experience in academia and/or industry or Master’s Degree plus at least 1 year of relevant experience in academia and/or industry
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community