Scientist I - Flow Cytometry
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
We are seeking a flow cytometry core technologist to join our hematology research team developing therapies for hemophilia, sickle cell disease, and other non-malignant hematological disorders. The successful candidate will be responsible for independently setting up a range of flow-based experiments that include routine flow cytometry, complex highly multi-parametric analyses, hematopoietic single cell sorting, and other specialized cell characterization methods. The applicant will be responsible for maintaining flow cytometry equipment and training users on the proper design of experiments, use of equipment and correct data analysis. The qualified candidate should have a desire to build on their existing knowledge of cell phenotyping, and a willingness to take on new challenges toward the goal of building a state-of-the-art flow cytometry lab.
- Perform cell sorting and manage sort requests.
- QC instruments on a daily basis and troubleshoot problems; build and change cytometer configurations as needed.
- Develop and perform multi-color staining assays for primary human and mouse phenotyping experiments.
- Characterize and qualify reagents to be used in analysis and sorting assays, including FACS antibody panels and titers.
- Perform data analysis using FlowJo and FACSDiva applications when needed.
- Help train other users on all aspects of flow cytometry from planning experiments, acquisition and analysis.
- Interpret and summarize experimental data and report summaries in team meetings, as needed.
- Experience working in or running a core facility is a plus.
- Experience running high content microscopy platforms, including Perkin Elmer Operetta and EMD Millipore ImageStream, and associated data analysis is a plus.
- Experience with or a willingness to be trained on the operation of hematology analyzers (Advia, Beckman Coulter) is a plus.
- Well versed in a variety of cell based methods with a strong understanding of tissue culture, cell biology, immunoassays, and general laboratory techniques.
PhD OR BA plus minimum 6 years of flow cytometry experience in an academic or biopharma setting OR master degree plus minimum 3 years of relevant research experience in an academic or biopharma setting.
- Understanding of flow cytometry fundamentals and experience with analyzers including: BD LSR II, Canto II and Guava EasyCyte HT.
- Experience cell sorting on a BD FACSAria Fusion or any flow cytometry sorter.
- Comfortable developing and running 6+ color FACS panels.
- General ability working with Windows and MAC operating systems and computer hardware/devices.
- Proficiency with the following software: Microsoft Office, FACSDiva, FlowJo, MACSQuantify, Forecyte and Graphpad Prism.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community