Project Controls Director
This position is part of the North America Business Transformation (BT) enabling function in the Real Estate & Facility Management (RE&FM) group. This role interacts with key stakeholders across the various platforms, and enabling functions of the business, helping to ensure on time and on budget completion of various strategic capital projects and maintenance of business capital projects
The incumbent will work closely with the head of RE&FM along with various project managers and Finance to ensure that all estimating, budgeting, scheduling and coordination processes run smoothly. The individual will monitor the progress of all projects ensuring they are working within the confines of set deadlines and budget limitations and generate progress reports. And will be expected to make suggestions for improvements to project operations when, and as needed.
The role requires strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational and written/oral communication skills. Individual should be a detail-oriented team leader who can consistently meet deadlines and possess the ability to work independently, and must be able to multi-task and demonstrate the ability to work with a diverse work group of vendors, managers, subcontractors, consultants and other professionals. Requires basic engineering knowledge in appropriate technologies, electrical, mechanical, civil, or a related field.
Project sizes and complexity will vary from >$200M to those <$200k
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leading and or supporting strategic projects with a comprehensive suite of Project Controls expertise and tools:
- Participate in the scope discovery discussions with clients / project managers to clarify specific requirements of each project
- Develop, manage, and execute all phases of the project controls effort (planning/scheduling and cost analysis), including schedule management, cost estimating and budget forecasting.
- Developing and reporting risk analyses and contingency calculations
- Provide guidance, direction, and specialized assistance to project for the resolution of difficult and complex project control problems.
- Interface with staff and stakeholders, attend regular meetings, and provide statistical reports to project managers and management staff.
- Keep project and executive management fully informed.
- Create project reports (dashboards) for management on a recurring or one-of-a-kind basis.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
- Provide check estimates for projects using personal experience, market data, CM and vendor resources
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis completed in conjunction with Finance
- Determine significant irregularities, trends and variances and suggest corrective action
- Create, review and manage project schedules to identify progress, lead times, project sequences, resource loading and float
- Conduct vendor and internal audits to review accuracy, quality and completeness of spend records and documents.
- Identify risks to budget and schedule and prepare mitigation strategies for both
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Perform other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
Area of specialization: BS in business, engineering, or a related field. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in project management
- Broad knowledge of computerized scheduling and budgeting systems
- Prior experience managing both small and large projects in a pharmacuetical / biotech environment
- Experience dealing effectively with Senior management to negotiate / deliver optimum level of customer service
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, forecast, and report portfolio / project status as well as the ability to assess and resolve the impacts of deviations, changes and execution risk.
- A thorough knowledge of industry practices is required.
- Proven work experience in project controls / project management
- Proficient PC skills including a proficiency in various software such as Excel, P6, Microsoft Office and ERP Cost / Project Management systems.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Individual should be a detail-oriented team leader who can consistently meet deadlines and possess the ability to work independently.
- Ability to influence diverse groups on achieving common goals.
- Ability to identify strategic needs / changes that provide additional value to customers.
- Strong organizational, project / process management, and Business Acumen skills
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community