Principal Research Associate - Medicinal Chemistry - Waltham, MA
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Uses reaction and reagent databases to effectively look for ways to maximize productivity by selecting effective choice of techniques/routes and is able to provide solutions to complex multi-step synthetic problems.
- Prepares and characterizes high purity target compounds (25 - 50 mg; >95% purity) and can prepare compounds/intermediates on scale (5 – 20 g) to meet aggressive project timelines.
- Registers compounds in corporate database and maintains notebooks according to SOP.
- Champions new chemistry techniques, reagents and methodology in discovery chemistry.
- Participates in group/lab responsibilities. 80 – 90% of time committed to bench work, design of synthetic routes and solving practical medicinal chemistry problems.
- Collates and interprets biological data to identify issues.
- Able to independently work to identify target compounds which address issues and collaborate with colleagues to solve drug discovery problems (DMPK, pharmacology, safety).
- Ability to learn from the literature and meetings to solve problems.
- Understands and can articulate the scientific rationale of the project to other scientists.
- Has the ability to assess the patentability of new targets and is developing the ability to determine the relevance of patent search results.
- Actively participates in medicinal chemistry discussions.
- Can be constructively critical of program, raise issues and positively influence direction of lead series.
- Able to prioritize scientific work based on emerging data.
- Regularly interacts with other staff members in a professional and courteous manner.
- Communicates and interacts with integrated drug discovery leadership team.
- Operates in the lab in a safe and efficient manner according to HSE guidelines and adheres to all mandatory company compliance requirements.
- Acts as an ambassador for chemical research.
- Attends appropriate meetings to increase knowledge and stays current with the journal and patent literature.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Accomplished Synthetic Organic Chemist.
- Proficient in use of analytical techniques (e.g. NMR and LCMS) for structural characterization and is able to interpret simple to moderately complex NMR spectra.
- Accomplished Medicinal Chemist.
- Possesses fundamental knowledge of medicinal chemistry principles, fully understanding own SAR and is familiar with project SAR.
- Communicates own science in a clear, effective and precise manner at meetings.
- Adapts to change and challenges in a productive and professional manner.
- Knows when to offer and accept advice.
- BS or MS Chemistry; degree in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry is strongly preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of relevant pharmaceutical and/or biotech experience.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet