Postdoctoral Fellowship: Synthesis Development
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Discover your future…
Sanofi R&D works with passion to understand and solve some of the world’s most difficult biomedical problems facing patients and their healthcare providers. One of our assets in this quest are Post Doctoral Fellows, who bring an energy and desire to share our passion.
Sanofi’s Post Doctoral Fellowships offer a comprehensive training program that provides participants with the opportunity to advance their scientific careers in a leading-edge environment while contributing to Sanofi’s effort to bring next generation (transformative) solutions to patient’s most urgent medical needs.
Sanofi is a major pharma company with facilities throughout the world, including a Small Molecule Research Center in Waltham, MA.
Sanofi is seeking an exceptional postdoctoral candidate to join the Synthesis Development team as part of corporate Chemistry Excellence initiatives aimed at advancing our capabilities in synthesis and chemical development. Synthesis Development is responsible for identifying, optimizing and developing scalable syntheses of novel drug candidates to support pre-clinical and early clinical programs. The successful candidate will explore and apply continuous-processing technologies to synthesize small molecules and will develop new methodologies in reaction screening techniques including the handling/dispensing of solids with the goal to develop more efficient syntheses of drug substances. Projects will be designed to enable opportunities for publishing externally.
The position is a 2-year assignment with potential for internal hire upon completion of the postdoctoral experience.
- Develop syntheses of intermediates and target molecules using flow and on-demand continuous processing technologies
- Develop organic reaction screening techniques including effective dispensing of solids and automation
- Show initiative in proposing, developing and executing ideas
- Work collaboratively with internal and external experts to advance projects
- Maintain effective relationships and communications with peers and management
- Maintain concise and accurate records of experiments
- Effectively analyze, summarize and communicate results; document new technologies in concise reports
- Publish scientific papers in peer reviewed journals
- Conduct activities in compliance with all corporate and HSE procedures
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or related field with 0-2 years of postdoctoral training
- Expertise in applying continuous flow technologies to the synthesis of organic molecules
- Strong abilities in organic chemistry methodology, multi-step synthesis, and small-molecule characterizations
- Track record of publications supporting innovation and scientific excellence
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines and deliverables in a collaborative environment
- Must have authorization to work in the United States; no visa sponsorship will be provided
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills, conduct independent research, identify problems, and create and develop solutions
- Strong data analysis and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community