Postdoctoral Fellowship: Rare Blood Disorders
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative PhD level post-doctoral candidate to explore early stage research on the mechanism of action of the integrated stress response in the regulation of fetal hemoglobin (HbF) and erythropoiesis in sickle cell disease. Heme-regulated Inhibitor (HRI) kinase has recently been shown to play a role in the regulation of HbF in human erythroid cells but further questions on the mechanism of action remain. The successful candidate will provide scientific leadership and play a pivotal role in advancing the understanding of HbF induction and erythroid differentiation through the stress response pathway in the pathology of sickle cell anemia. The candidate will be utilizing available novel transgenic mouse models, human donor samples and cell lines to further advance understanding of this pathway. The candidate will benefit from collaboration with other scientists across Sanofi and will assume responsibility to complete leading edge research for presentation in major scientific meetings and publication in high impact journals. The ideal candidate possesses an understanding and research experience of the field of hematology. Experience in sickle cell disease is highly desirable.
- Lead research efforts in Sanofi Rare Blood Disorders to execute cutting edge research to understand the mechanism of action of the integrated stress response in the regulation of HbF induction and erythroid differentiation in sickle cell disease.
- Characterize erythroid differentiation and the effect of the stress response using genetically engineered cell and mouse models to further understand the role of specific elements of the stress erythropoiesis response and its implication in sickle cell disease.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current experimental techniques and literature in the field of stress erythropoiesis, sickle cell disease and hemoglobinopathies.
- Share and present scientific results to multi-disciplinary research groups and at external meetings or conferences.
- Complete leading edge research and author scientific manuscripts for publication in high impact journals.
- Work well with colleagues in a matrixed, fast-paced pharmaceutical research environment.
Qualifications – “the ideal candidate”:
- Has relevant expertise in in vivo models and ex vivo studies and is experienced in handling of small animals and animal models of disease
- Must have experience in tissue culture, cell-based assays, flow cytometry and ex vivo assays. An understanding of molecular biology tools including but not limited to Crispr-based technology is desirable.
- Possesses an understanding of research in red blood cell pathology, hemolytic anemias or hemoglobinopathies.
- Is up-to-date on relevant literature and applies knowledge to current issues in hematology and sickle cell disease.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Can work independently and proactively; is a self-starter and results-driven.
- Has a track record of completing independent research and publishing and presenting results.
- All candidates must have permanent US work authorization. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
- PhD in Hematology or relevant biological science. Postdoctoral training in a related field is a plus.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community