Leader Medical Publications
The Leader, Medical Publications oversees the development and execution of strategic publication plans for therapeutic areas (TAs) of interest to Bioverativ. As part of their role, the Leader, is responsible for all aspects of publications development and accountable for meeting publication development timelines/deadlines, including hands-on project management and in-depth scientific knowledge, for a portion of the plan(s).
As part of responsibilities for publications development, this person will ensure compliance with the Bioverativ publications policy, standard operating procedures, and with external guidelines on good publication practices. The Leader will participate in cross-functional team meetings within Global Medical and other key functions within Bioverativ to ensure alignment of publications with the overall Medical strategy and communication objectives. Additionally, the Lead will maintain a good relationship and collaboration for publication-related activities with external partners. The Leader, Medical Publications will report to the Executive Director, Medical Publications.
- Oversee the development of the strategic publication plans
- Ensure that publication plans and priorities are aligned with overall Medical strategy, congress plan and communication objectives
- Oversee and drive the execution of publications
- Liaise with key functions in Bioverativ, external collaborators, and external medical communications agencies, to ensure alignment regarding content development
- Ensure development of publications complies with the internal and/or external policies and SOPs
- Manage publication budget
- Provide regular updates on publication activities
- Coordinate with Medical Communications and Medical Information to ensure bibliographies are updated and maintained
- Report publication metrics on key objectives to Executive Director, Medical Publications
- PharmD or PhD in a biological science or related field or MD, and 6+ years of related experience at pharmaceutical company or medical communications agency
- Successful track record of implementation of global publication programs
- Knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process
- Development of global medical plans and global medical communication and publication strategy
- Management of consultants, relationship with collaborators, and vendors
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Sensitivity and orientation to identify systemic issues
PharmD or PhD in a biological science or related field preferred
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community