Lab Head, Complement Research
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Leader, Complement Research
Reporting directly to the Head of Complement Research Cluster, Sanofi is seeking a Lab Head to lead research programs focused on complement biology and complement mediated disease pathology. This individual will provide scientific leadership and play a pivotal cross-functional role from exploratory and discovery research through development, providing insight into how complement activation drives pathology in disease states of interest.
Specifically, the remit of the candidate will be to:
- Lead a team of PhD and non-PhD level scientists to identify targets and develop molecules to interrogate complement system biology
- Work with project leads to ensure the rapid and efficient advancement of current pipeline programs, including maintaining/expanding internal and/or external capabilities and collaborations
- Validate targets for treating complement mediated disorders and identify clinically relevant biomarkers that may predict response
- Identify and establishes collaborations with academia to perform in vitro/in vivo proof of concept studies with candidate molecules
- Participate in evaluating business development opportunities as needed
The Lab Head will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders including cross-functional groups (clinical, regulatory, medical affairs, research, DMPK, technical operations, etc.) on program-related activities. The Lab Head will provide knowledge of various disease models and PK/PD experiments as well as insight into drug development. The Lab Head will also directly manage a group of scientists within the complement research franchise. The Lab Head will also apply their people management skills to continue to develop the culture of teamwork, collaboration, and bold action at Sanofi.
The successful candidate should have a broad understanding of all phases of research and the drug development process, having been involved in leadership roles in programs that have ideally advanced drug candidates into the clinic, with at least 7 years of post-doctoral experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry or academia
- Ph.D. or equivalent in a field of biology and/or pharmacology.
- Background/experience in Complement a must
- Strong track record of peer-reviewed publications supporting their research programs, as well as developing patents to support innovative drugs.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with both in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Experience leading large teams across various research disciplines
- Excellent organizational and project management skills required
- Possesses excellent communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both internally (project meetings, executive forums, etc.) and externally (advisory boards, conferences, etc.) representing programs and project teams with accuracy and objectivity.
- Demonstrated proficiency at technical writing is essential.
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community