Digital Transformation Lead / Fit4CMO
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Digital Transformation Lead / Fit4CMO
Location: Waltham, MA
The scope of this role includes responsibility for Digital, Fit4CMO and Procurement initiatives supporting 27 products and 34 CMOs.
- Full integration of digital technologies will lead to a fundamental transformation of our industry which has already started. Setting up a clear governance structure, ownership and accountability to allow efficient coordination and leadership of digital topics within Specialty Care (SC) and towards stakeholders in order to create ONE aligned digital strategy with site level granularity and communicating with ONE voice is mandatory for a sustainable success.
- This SMS Lead role is an essential element to ensure a streamlined, accountable structure at site level of business (Specialty Care External Supply- Waltham, MA; Frankfurt, Germany; and Gent, Belgium) to drive and lead transformation of global initiatives and digital ambitions with site realities into site‐specific digitalization strategies. In addition, he/she will help to create a business‐embedded digital community in order to advance digital transformation at site level.
- The SMS Lead will drive the deployment of the Sanofi Manufacturing System (SMS) along its 3 dimensions (Industrial Culture, Way of Working and Operating System), including working with the Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMOs) on performance improvements through Fit4CMO and Procurement initiatives.
- This function stands in a cGMP environment and should therefore comply with the current GMP and HSE rules in order to adhere to all quality‐ and safety requirements expected by official auditing instances and regulations
- Accountable to develop and lead the digital transformation program on the site. Define the content and impact of the improvement program & ensure the associated impacts together with the department head
- Accountable to drive the execution of the related functional & cross‐functional teams according to the SMS methodology.
- Accountable to support network activities, acts as “site referent” / entry point for global functions on digital topics. Representing the needs of the site and ensuring alignment & standardization across Sanofi. (approx. 20% of the time)
- Strong contribution to definition and evolution of global road map for digital: all electronic systems needed to run and optimize our systems
- Coordinate and ensure site‐input on specific topics (e.g. digitalization plans, MVP product road map)
- Promote cross functional network collaboration to identify best digital practices and identify synergies
- Identify and share best practices across sites and platforms
Fit4CMO / Procurement:
- The Fit4CMO program and Procurement activities aim to capture savings by renegotiating existing contracts with top CMOs
Lead Design & Planning phase:
- Prioritize initiatives based on potential impact and required effort
- Identify the impact and scope of the selected initiatives that come to the site and set the Ambition
- Identify the savings potential, using data & fact‐based methods
- Know the project impact and impact of the transformation plan to demonstrate commitment
- Organize and facilitate workshops to create the future‐state & implementation plan to capture improvements
- Builds high level designs and coaches the user in making the right choice between the different options
- Lead implementation of initiatives
- Manage resources of the improvement projects during the implementation phase
- Continuously check progress to plan and monitor the impact during implementation
- Keep challenging the project team, engaging with colleagues and co‐workers at the GEMBA to drive progress, lead/participate in troubleshooting, provide support to the organization and remove constraints and barriers that hinder progress
- Supports the projects where needed with technical and organizational know how
- Continuously ensure the cascade of the site change story
- Ensure the transformation methodology framework is followed by your team, including implementation of SMS Standards
- Report savings through 3P for External Supply contribution
- Support other initiatives in Sanofi Manufacturing Systems (SMS) as needed
- Fill the role of the Site representative for Digital and act as single point of contact for site
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with peers across the Specialty Care Platform,
- Managing relationship with Line Leadership (SLT, Managers) in impacted areas and specifically with the IT‐director and Key Account Manager
- Maintain a sufficient skill level by participating both in internal (site) and external (network) training events on a regular basis
- Be aware of developments and integrate them into useful practices and current methods to remain state of the art.
- Share insights, best practices and learned lessons across the network on a regular basis
The function holder oversees, coordinates and leads multiple digital, Fit4CMO and Procurement improvement initiatives from a business perspective. These initiatives could include major business systems roll outs, improvement initiatives requiring digital support and business process alignment to digital solutions.
- A minimum of 7 years’ of applicable experience in IT and business processes, of which 2 years’ in Biologics/Pharma industry.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Biology, Chemistry or another like discipline
- A command of Sanofi Manufacturing Systems (SMS) ORLEAN /Change Management issues and methodologies at senior leadership level
- Identify, build and manage projects independently: discover needs, find resources, create a plan, follow up implementation and report progress
- Experience working on leading transformation initiatives in an industrial environment, including familiarity with common lean, project or quality methodologies (i.e. flow analysis, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Experienced in problem solving methodology and tools
- Experienced in coaching and change management skills
- The ability to engage, motivate and lead teams across multiple levels of the organization
- Has a professional proficiency of the English language, as required on an international network level
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Drive change while achieving business goals
- Coach and give feedback, empower people & develop Leadership
- Agility ‐ learn and synthesize complex information quickly
- Transversal collaboration ‐ Actively engage with peers across the network to learn, share and implement best practices
- Role model the SMS leadership behaviors
- Act for Change ‐ Show a healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo and display a drive/passion for continuous improvement
- Uses escalation mechanisms appropriately to help ensure impact
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community