Biostatistics Project Leader
Waltham, Massachusetts, Cambridge, Massachusetts
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Stat Project Leader, Biostatistics
Provide leadership and guidance as to the lead statistician on one or more project team(s), accountable for all methodological and statistical aspects of the project(s). Act as a statistical consultant within the company.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead moderate project / one or several indications of a project in early or late clinical development or post-marketing stage.
- With minimal direction from the group head, direct statistical support and provide scientific leadership for responsible projects. Accountable for statistical aspects of early or late clinical development/medical affairs plans, studies and submissions activities (when applicable), including quality, relevance to external stakeholders (e.g. regulatory authorities, medical journals), and scientific validity
- Mentor people working on the project. Promote teamwork, quality, operational efficiency, and innovation. Create a productive work environment. Ensure project team compliance with SOPs and departmental standards.
- Plan and track project activities, timelines, and resource use. Provide justification for planned resource needs. Seek to optimize resource utilization thru efficient and well-managed resource allocation and across projects or areas.
- Capacity to respond to an unscheduled increase in project workload. * Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior staff.
- Ensure productive collaborations with other functions in the aligned project team and with other statistics project leaders and in communicating with senior leadership. * Represents statistics in regulatory meetings.
- Represent statistics in cross-function working groups. Contribute to operation process optimization and provide inputs to statistics standards.
- Ph.D./MS in statistics or related discipline with at least 6 years of pharmaceutical experience.
- Demonstrated strong study management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Broad knowledge and a good understanding of advanced statistical concepts and techniques * Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical clinical development, together with Late Phase experience.
- Proven experience in clinical development or post-marketing activities such as submissions, interactions with regulatory agencies or other external stakeholders.
- Experience in the relevant therapeutic area desired.
- Ability to represent Sanofi in cross-company activities such as consortiums or professional associations.
Sanofi Genzyme will be positioned to become a world leader in rare blood disorders. The Rare Blood Disorders franchise focus on growth with an unmatched hemophilia portfolio, the first approved treatment for acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (aTTP), and the potential to launch several more therapies over the next five years, providing the opportunity to bring new therapies to patients who currently have few options. With fast growing pipeline, this position will play a very important role to provide statistical leadership in the clinical development.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Genzyme Glassdoor: #GD-SG
Genzyme LinkedIn: #LI-GZ
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community