Regional Account Director MN, ND, SD
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes theraputic solutions focused on patients' needs. The "Real World" Evidence and Clinical Outcomes (RWE&CO) function mission is "To improve patient outcomes by generating the evidence required by healthcare decision makers to support patient access and use of Sanofi Medicines and the insights required by Sanofi internal teams to develop and commercialize the most impactful medicines". As part of the Market Access Team, you will contribute to the life of a product lifecycle by building out a strategic roadmap to influence stakeholders and make the product readily available for patient access.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Sanofi Genzyme Specialty Care and is responsible for developing and leveraging relationships with Regional Health Plans as well as assigned State Medicaid and SPP’s, to gain and maintain access for Sanofi Genzyme products.
This position is responsible for the implementation of short- and long-term business plans that will optimize appropriate coverage, coding, payment of and patient access to Sanofi Genzyme products.
This position is also for development and implementation of pull-through and push through plans to support sales growth of assigned products.
This individual will assess sales implications of short- and long-term actions with each payer customer and take action to move payer decisions in a direction that facilitates patient access to care with Sanofi Genzyme products. These actions will be a result of building strong relationships with payer Medical and Pharmacy Directors (clinical and administrative), case managers, and other relevant individuals. Efforts will include working with national headquarters of managed care organizations and executing pull-through strategies to local offices of the national organizations, as well as initiatives with other large and local managed care organizations. The Regional Account Director is expected to work with minimal supervision and strategic independent thought.
This individual will work closely with Value and Access, Account Management, Business Relations, Government and Sales Leadership, to ensure consistent exchange of important payer information and messages that should be communicated.
This role will provide periodic market updates to Sales Management that link important provider and payer and health care reform trends and issues as well as document initiatives and their outcomes.
- Implements strategies and tactics to support appropriate, formulary placement, reimbursement (coverage, coding, payment and patient access) across payer customers
- Negotiates cost effective contracts that allow access to our products by providers and their patients
- Maintains responsibility for outcomes in Commercial and Medicaid payers as assigned
- Creates clear messages for dissemination to sales on important payer trends, reimbursement changes, and billing requirements that will affect product utilization
- Develops, implements and monitors payer related strategies and tactics in collaboration with sales leadership in region. Maintains positive working relationship with sales leadership in region.
- Represents the Managed Markets organization at priority national payer organizations
- Attends/participates in existing state-based managed care organizations
- Maintains accurate account information and reporting in customer database
- Work with the various product hotlines and case managers to assure accurate coverage determinations and resolve customer issues.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s/advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years field-based pharmaceutical/biotech Sales and/or Marketing experience with at least 3 years of direct managed care experience or first line manager experience.
- Established relationships with Pharmacy Directors and Medical Directors within key assigned accounts
- Demonstrated knowledge of payer decision-making for formulary processes, coverage, coding and patient access to drugs, biologicals, medical devices
- Experience in Specialty Pharmacy and patient support services
- Experience with medical benefit products
- Therapeutic experience in Rare Diseases and/or Multiple Sclerosis and/or Immunology biologics
- Experience negotiating contracts and agreements
- Exceptional communication skills that include verbal, written and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities
- Outstanding consultative and networking capabilities
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to skillfully negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
- Understanding of organizational behavior, culture and be able to flourish in a complex and rapidly evolving workplace
- Skill to successfully lead account teams through collaboration with other members within and across sales, marketing, reimbursement and other business groups to improve overall effectiveness.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet