Diabetes Cardiovascular Primary Care Sales Professional - Santa Monica, CA - AW4C101S Job at Pharmaceutical Sales at SanofiPrimary Location Remote, US Job Category Pharmaceutical Sales Requisition Number R282
This position will report to the Area Business Leader and must consistently meet or exceed all sales budgets/goals on all products assigned. Sales Professionals are expected to possess a high level of product, competitive, customer and territory knowledge. An average minimum of 8 calls per day on physicians is required to achieve call plan requirements over the course of a quarter. Deliver sales calls that consist of pre-call planning, driving â€œbrandâ€ messaging, closing and must include visual aids and/or reprints. All calls must be entered into the company computer with relevant post call notes, sample activity, etc. Execute promotional programs on key customer targets in the timeframe prescribed while meeting pharmaceutical and company guidelines. Sales Professionals are also expected to attend all company, regional and divisional meetings. Attendance is also expected at medical education programs, which can occur during evening hours and/or weekends. Various administrative duties are also required.Candidates must complete all fleet safety training and must maintain an acceptable driving record regarding accidents and incidents.Major Activities
- Builds and develops professional relationships with (but not limited to) Endocrinologists, nephrologists, clinic staff, and pharmacy staff, within assigned customers
- Drives appropriate utilization of approved DCV products. PCPs works closely with other Sanofi US commercial employees to generate pull-through within local payers, community HCPâ€™s and pharmacy providers
- Leverages expertise and knowledge of DCV, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges with key thought leaders and specialists
- Works with institutional and long term care teams to understand hospital committee structure, P&T process, treatment and discharge protocols, DRG and hospital reimbursement processes to maximize opportunities with customers
- Provides relevant, thoughtful input to other commercial colleagues (e.g. sales leadership, Institutions, Long Term Care, Market Access and pharmacy teams) with regard to strategic and tactical planning for territory, area, and region
- Utilizes effective communication of account strategy and business insights with customers and internal stakeholders
- Prioritizes time and effort to ensure optimal coverage of appropriate physician specialists, based on opportunity and potential
- Understands fully the assigned customersâ€™ product and business needs and works to meet those needs, while adhering to all of Sanofi company ethics and compliance standards
- Anticipates potential barriers to achievement of goals and proposes responsible solutions for success
- Presents company-approved Health Care Economic Information (HCEI) under FDAMA Section 114 to appropriate audiences.
Key Performance Indicators
- Adherence with Sanofi US policies, laws and regulations
- Sales revenue and revenue growth
- Product launch success metrics
- Assigned Accounts and Customers Market Share
- Customer engagement
- Formulary reviews/decisions
- Exceptional/Successful in demonstrating Sanofi US Functional Sales Competencies
- 50% or more travel required depending on geography
Must live within 25 miles of the zip code 90045
- Bachelorâ€™s degree required, advanced degree a plus.
- BA/BS from an accredited school required. Focus in business or life science preferred.
- One-two years of successful sales experience or similar related experience (e.g. Nursing, CDE â€“ Certified Diabetes Educator, Recent College Graduate with transferable experiences/skills)
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and scientific product-related information
- Demonstrated ability to manage territory budget
- Valid driverâ€™s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a complete background check
- Driving a company car in a safe manner to daily meetings and appointments is required
- Responsible for operating the motor vehicle using safe driving practices, knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, and obeying all traffic laws.
- Consistent track record of quantifiable/documented sales accomplishments (i.e. â€œmeeting sales
- Demonstrated ability to plan, analyze and act upon sales data within an assigned geography
- Solid business acumen including excellent and persuasive business communication
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good business judgment and discretion and to analyze and address territory opportunities by building key customer relationships
- Computer Skills: proficiency in business software (MS Outlook, Word, Excel)
US - Sanofi
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patientsâ€™ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patientsâ€™ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.