DCVDCV Diabetes Specialty Sales Professional - Shreveport, LA - AWAAB02S Job at Pharmaceutical Sales at SanofiPrimary Location Remote, US Job Category Pharmaceutical Sales Requisition Number R279 Date posted 05/29/2017
Job Purpose:The Diabetes Specialty Sales Representative is accountable for implementing the local sales strategies for approved Diabetes products consistent with Sanofi compliance standards, as well as all applicable legal requirements for key targeted Health Care Providers (HCPs) within an assigned territory. The Diabetes Specialty Sales Representative will pull through access and drive utilization for approved DIABETES products with appropriate patients and coordinate commercial efforts with internal teams.Major Activities:
- Builds and develops professional relationships with (but not limited to) Endocrinologists, nephrologists, clinic staff, and pharmacy staff, within assigned customers
- Drives appropriate utilization of approved Diabetes products. DSP works closely with other Sanofi US commercial employees to generate pull-through within local payers, community HCPâ€™s and pharmacy providers
- Leverages expertise and knowledge of Diabetes, the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and effectively manage business opportunities and challenges with key thought leaders and specialists
- Works with institutional and long term care teams to understand hospital committee structure, P&T process, treatment and discharge protocols, DRG and hospital reimbursement processes to maximize opportunities with customers
- Provides relevant, thoughtful input to other commercial colleagues (e.g. sales leadership, Institutions, Long Term Care, Market Access and pharmacy teams) with regard to strategic and tactical planning for territory, area, and region
- Utilizes effective communication of account strategy and business insights with customers and internal stakeholders
- Prioritizes time and effort to ensure optimal coverage of appropriate physician specialists, based on opportunity and potential
- Understands fully the assigned customersâ€™ product and business needs and works to meet those needs, while adhering to all of Sanofi company ethics and compliance standards
- Anticipates potential barriers to achievement of goals and proposes responsible solutions for success
- Presents company-approvedHealth Care Economic Information (HCEI)under FDAMA Section 114 to appropriate audiences.
- Be a liaison with Primary Care team on diabetes education and medical team collaboration.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Adherence with Sanofi US policies, laws and regulations
- Sales revenue and revenue growth
- Product launch success metrics
- Assigned Accounts and Customers Market Share
- Customer engagement
- Formulary reviews/decisions
- Exceptional/Successful in demonstrating Sanofi US Functional Sales Competencies
Must live within 50 miles of the zip code 71424
- Bachelorâ€™s degree required, advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical sales or current Sanofi US employee with experience in pharma/biotech sales
- 2 years specialty pharmaceutical / biotech sales experience, operating in a highly clinical disease category or current Sanofi US employee with experience in pharma/biotech sales
- Proven track record of consistent high performance
- Demonstrated success working within cross functional teams
- Valid drivers license and ability to travel
- Experience in the promotion of Diabetes pharmaceuticals / biotech products
- Understanding of market access, diagnostic related groups (DRG), hospital reimbursement, and protocol development. Demonstrated effective decision making, problem-solving and strategic thinking
- Product launch experience
- Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ethical leadership and fostering of an environment that promotes ethical behavior and compliance with company policies and applicable laws
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer capabilities
- Ability to influence without formal authority in a matrix environment
US - Sanofi
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patientsâ€™ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patientsâ€™ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.Primary Location Remote, US