From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Position Title: Technologist
Type of Employment: Fixed-Term Contract – 12 Months
Site/Department: Toronto, Ontario / DTPPD Upstream
Major Job Activities:
Seedwork (aseptic technique, dispensing, purity testing, gram staining):
- Primary operator for creation of Working Cell Bank, Glycerol Production Seed
- Primary operator for lyophile/cryovial seeding, seed propagation aerobic and anaerobic cultures into solid/liquid media
- Primary operator for sterile dispensing medium, media components
- Execution of purity testing, gram staining, examination of cellular morphology phenotype
- Seed enumeration analysis
Fermentation (SIP, DIP, pressurized vessel operation):
- Primary operator confirm fermenter integral, ready for operation
- Primary operator performing fermenter pressure testing at various ports (vessel, harvest, sample port)
- Control of SIP for fermenter (automation and manual), confirming all temperature probes meet specific temperatures to achieve fermenter sterilization
- Primary operator to confirm fermenter seed inoculation, at specified temperature, and monitoring duration
- Primary operator ensuring correct media supplements added in specific order while monitoring vessel pressure
- Primary operator for the inspection and release of purification equipment for toxin processing
- Primary operator for the assembly of clarification train, ensuring correct assembly for processing of 1100L tetanus toxin
- Primary operator to ensure depth filters assembled correctly, with all connections verified from fermenter to collection vessel
- Primary operator for the critical addition of protein precipitation reagents
- Primary operator for the recovery of precipitated toxin via centrifugation, and subsequent toxin re-suspension
Protein/cell concentration assay (Lf, OD) and Absence Test:
- Primary operator for determination of final harvest yield
- Determination of yield post filtration, and/or dialysis
- Specific Toxicity Testing Lf set-up
- Measurement culture OD and supernatant OD
- Absence Testing post-0.2um filtration or post-cell inactivation procedures through bottom harvest valve
Documentation of activities and SPC Data Entry:
- Concurrent BPR entry and checking of calculations
- Data entry into SPC database for SPC trending
- Organization of batch records
- Monitoring of cleanroom, incubator, and refrigerator logs
- Information retrieval for inspection, validation
SAP and EM Data Entry:
- Data entry for SAP manufacturing processes and maintenance orders
- Issuance and creation of process orders
- Maintenance of material adjustment forms
- Maintenance of inventory
- Re-order of non-MRP items required for production activities
No employee has a proprietary right to an activity or group of activities. Activities may be changed or reassigned to meet the needs of the operations.
- Minimum four (4) years Bachelor’s Degree (Biology, Chemistry, and related sciences), plus a minimum one (1) year of previous relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge in the following areas: Aseptic and Clean room Techniques; Fermentation, Pressurized vessels & processing techniques, Protein Purification
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Strong Computer knowledge and familiarity with: RAPID, FMS, BAS, MASTER, PHARM-NET-WEB and Microsoft Office
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively troubleshoot issues as they may arise
Hours Of Work:
Inclusive from Monday to Friday 7:00a.m. to 3:00p.m.
This is subject to change at any time and it should not be construed as limiting the right of the company to make such change to meet the requirements of the operation.
Sanofi Pasteur: The world’s leading vaccine company
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines.Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe.Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community