Technologist - B89E Downstream - Toronto, Ontario
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Position Title: Technologist - B89E Downstream (Temporary - 3 Year Contract)
Site/Department: Toronto/cP 89E Day
Job Posting Number: R2538108
Sanofi Pasteur: The world’s leading vaccine company
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines.Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe.Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Major Activities of the Job:
Administration of Downstream production activities:
- Assist in review BPR, SOP, logbooks, and monitoring charts for completion and insurance of accuracy of all documents as per GMP guidelines.
- Train technical staff comply to cGMP, HSE and SOP requirements.
- Participate in daily meetings and report findings to management.
- Participate in deviation investigations.
Health, Safety, Environment:
- Wear appropriate PPE when performing tasks.
- Escalate any potential hazards. Help develop proposed solutions.
- Participate in HSE checks and inspections.
- Follow safety procedures.
Purification and sterile filtration of CP antigens:
- Operation of Centrifuges for precipitation purification of CP antigens.
- Operation of column chromatography for isolation of CP antigens.
- Operation of Ultrafiltration units used for processing CP antigens.
- Sterile filtration of CP antigens using aseptic technique and tube welder.
- Perform and prepare for analytical tests such as lowry, Bradford and SDS-PAGE.
Administration of Data Information for CP Production:
- Complete SAP transactions in a timely, accurate manner.
- Perform Pharm Net Web activities.
- Enter data accurately and in a timely manner such as Shop Floor Data, LIMs, Master Change Request Forms.
Process Improvement and development:
- Assist implementation of facility, equipment, and process improvement projects.
- Assist in execution and writing of documents related to facility, equipment, and process improvement of production process.
- Modification of SOPs and BPRs for new processes in accordance with change control policies.
- Perform IQ, OQ, and PQ for new equipment.
Preparation of Trending reports and SPC data analysis:
- Assist in implementation of corrective actions in production.
- Assist with CCR, CAPA as needed until completion as per committed due dates.
- Participate in keeping the production area in a tidy, GMP manner, following 5S guideline (sort, shine, standardize, sustain).
No employee has a proprietary right to an activity or group of activities. Activities may be changed or reassigned to meet the needs of the operations.
- Minimum four (4) years Bachelor’s Degree (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Bioengineering), plus minimum four (4) years of previous relevant work experience
- Preferred Two (2) years Masters Degree (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Bioengineering) along with three (3) years of previous relevant work experience.
- Sound knowledge of Microbiology, Aseptic techniques and Protein Purification
- Ability to manage time effectively within a busy environment, to complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a team environment and across departments
- Adequate Computer skills and familiarity with: SAP, Visio, Autocad, MS Access and JMP
Applications received after the official closing date will be reviewed on an individual basis
Hours Of Work: Inclusive from Monday to Friday 8:00a.m. to 4:00p.m.
This is subject to change at any time and it should not be construed as limiting the right of the company to make such change to meet the requirements of the operation.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community