Packaging Technician, Night Shift
(11 MONTH TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY)
Location: Sanofi Pasteur Limited / North York, Ontario
Department: Filling and Packaging
Reporting To: Manager Labelling and Packaging
Required Education: College Diploma (Pharmaceutical Technology)
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. For over 100 years, we’ve provided life-saving vaccines for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company's four major R&D and manufacturing sites. We are home to Sanofi Pasteur's North American centre for Analytical and Bioprocess R&D. As well, we are the largest Canadian vaccine producer: each year, we manufacture 50 million doses of vaccine and distribute them to more than 90 countries around the world, helping to protect against 20 infectious diseases. This variety of activities offers employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,300 employees give us their best and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is looking for motivated and results driven individuals to join our Filling and Packaging team as a Packaging Technician. Key responsibilities will include the following:
1. Monitor all tasks in packaging areas.
- Member of a team in packaging accomplishing all tasks involved in completion of assigned work orders.
- Examine (manual & Seidenader) running capper operation
- Filling in B.P.R.’s
- Know Amp Tunnel Line (TCM, ATM, LTM & computers). Know Vial Tunnel (capper, Brevetti, Hapa, Dividella). Know Zebra Carton Label Printer, Graseby Allen Carton Printer, Arpeco Label Winder and Hapa Labeller setup & running.
- Engraver for Mats.
- Schedule people within the operation. Train people on job.
- Learn computer system access.
- Environmental monitoring (i.e. on the packaging floor, record temperature and relative humidity measurements).
- Retrieve components from warehouse and return to warehouse filing in BPRs.
- Set-up packaging section of filling lines (paperwork, samples, components). Apply component samples on BPR. Enter information in computer system as required.
2. Maintain equipment in good condition.
- Report unusual sounds, smells, etc.
- Clean machines, change webbing, set up scales (minor mechanical), record computer data entry (or other software) for measurement of line performance index.
- Troubleshoot environmental monitoring equipment and take appropriate action to protect product and safety
- Report when small equipment needs replacing.
- Prepare line performance analysis, log downtime, analyze out-put sheet for measurements of line performance and index.
3. Plan for training
- Attend team meetings
- Plan training
- Organization of an operation including assigning people within the operation, timing of activities, ongoing planning of relief, identifying the need for assistance or overtime to maintain production.
4. Ensure quality of the packaging process.
- cGMP training, Health & Safety, gowning for packaging, SOP training, documentation training.
- Learn to operator basic labeling & packaging machines safely.
- Basic sign in on BPR, retrieve & check components to BPR.
- Do line clearance prior & post cleaning lines, understand purpose of doing line checks throughout orders.
- Identify products properly to go in fridges, retrieve products from fridge.
- Check labels and packages for print to BPR (lot # and expiry date) & for damaged labels or packages.
- Documents counts of product prior & finished and procedure for discard of components, product & documenting.
- Load machines with components (products, leaflets and cartons)
- Understand and be concurrent on all SOPs to ensure cGMP compliance.
- Constantly look for actions that can be done to prevent defects and all quality training.
- Observe others activities for Health & Safety (guards and lockouts)
- Review and generate SOPs and keep current with SOPs
- Prepare incident reports and file notes.
- Report correction to Bills of Material
- Collect and analyze team performance measurements.
5. Provide training
- Training on all required equipment and documentation and activities to be able to fulfill this level’s requirements under the direction of Group Leader and training specialist.
- Train new members.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum three (3) year College Diploma (Pharmaceutical Technology), plus a minimum of six (6) months of previous relevant work experience within other pharmaceutical or biotech firms.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make quick decisions in accordance with SOPs and training.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to enter and maintain accurate data and in a timely manner.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday - Approximately 12 midnight to 8:00 a.m. (Subject to Change)
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community