MTEC Program Leader - Manufacturing Readiness New buildings
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Title: MTEC (Manufacturing Technology) Program Leader - Manufacturing Readiness New buildings
Reference No: R2566446
Location: Sanofi Pasteur, 1755 Steeles Avenue West, Toronto, ON M2R 3T4
Contact Name: Sr. Recruiter, Amelia Aubeeluck
Phone number: 416 320 1105
Address: Sanofi Pasteur, 1755 Steeles Avenue West, Toronto, ON M2R 3T4
- The Toronto site has entered an exciting period of unprecedented projects volume. The Program leader at Sanofi Pasteur (SP) Industrial Affairs is tasked with designing a program strategy and delivering a series of eclectic projects that will enable future operations
- MTEC Toronto has designed a new organization structure in order to increase products and processes knowledge in operations and to support efficiently and pro-actively the B100 (new site start ups with 7 antigens)– As a result of this organizational evolution, a Program Lead role is created
- This role has accountability for overseeing the deliverables related to the projects. Due to the critical nature of the activities performed throughout the projects, this is a high-pressure position as the program leads are dealing with many different functions both at the local and global levels. It is important that the incumbent works well transversally and is able to get alignment on topics. The incumbent must be able to make decisions in a high paced environment. The incumbent must be flexible and willing to drive change across the organization
- This role is critical to sustain the production demand in the Bulk Legacy Buildings until the new B100 bulk building (Capex > 600m Euros) is fully registered for commercialization of products (planned in 2024)
Your Key Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for managing a group of related projects in a coordinated way to facilitate a level of management and control that is not available from managing the projects individually
- Your will be responsible for providing overall management and guidance to the projects running within the program. In particular, the correct sequencing of the various projects and allocation of resources for purposes of coordinating the achievement of deliverables is key to successful program management
- You have the ability to see big picture and plan broadly; able to analyze and dissect complex situations and problems, identify technical risks and business risks, and lead the teams in constructively seeking options.
- You drive decision making capability within the program scope. You are able to present proposals effectively to senior management and direct escalation of project issues to sponsors per established governance
- Promote efficiency gains and improved working methods throughout life of the project
- You are responsible for program estimations, budgets, resources, major deliverables, quality of deliverables, gate reviews and maintaining project timelines. Ensure capacity requirements and resources are balanced, and align with functional, cross-functional and platform constraints. Responsible for program reporting to various governance at executive level.
- You can manage project leaders to develop strategies and plan activities related to individual programs. Manage project leaders and MTEC team members and participate when appropriate in project teams, working groups and task forces (local and or global). You are responsible for scientific and technical aspects of the assigned program. Establish, staff, develop, and lead multi-discipline & cross-functional program organization
- You can interact with cross functional teams in PRD, Production, Quality Operations, Regulatory and other internal and external groups (with multi-national culture) to support process and technology transfer, scale-up, process improvement and validation. Ensure that strategies developed during design phases are implemented when appropriate. Manage interfaces and ensures clear communication between projects, Site Leadership Team, Global Functions, and Executive Leaders
- You will ensure that studies are based on scientifically sound principles. Review project strategies and tactics and/or obtain input from subject matter experts
- You can share knowledge and area of expertise to support projects and stay abreast of current advances in area of technical expertise by developing a strong connection with the MTEC Knowledge and Innovation Lead
- You will interact closely with the MTEC Portfolio Management Office to increase efficiency in scope, time, cost, and risk management
- You can Act as a delegate for B100 MTEC Program Head
- Ph.D (Bio-Chemical engineer) with minimum 15 years related experience
- >15 years of experience in biotechnology manufacturing
- People management to lead Process and Manufacturing Sciences (> 15-20 persons)
- Technology expertise to state-of-the-art biological facility design (e.g B100)
- Demonstrated industrial business acumen - consulting experience is an asset
- Drive continuous improvement programs
- You have an in-depth knowledge of technical areas specific to manufacturing biologics (from seeds to filling)
- You have people management skills for approximately 10 direct reports and 20+ indirect reports to coach and mentor
- Your technical experience making it possible to identify critical information and understand its impact on projects and programs outputs -
- You are able to challenge the experts in a constructive way to improve products and processes knowledge (SPP, subject matter experts…)
- Expertise in process development, scale -up and scale -down model design for integrated upstream, downstream and analytics to support manufacturing process optimization and facility throughput
- You are proficient in Project and Programs leadership and methodology, including budgeting, cost/benefit analysis, process design, process validation and change management
- You have experience in Project and Program Management (Tools & Methodology, PM certification),and Risk assessment (FMEA, HAZOP) and mitigation at all stages of process development and manufacturing
- You have experience in statistical Process Control (SPC) skills and Six Sigma methodology
- You also have soft skills: communicate transversally at all levels of the organization, negotiation, conflict resolution, facilitation, team motivation, empowerment, critical thinking, emotional Intelligence, creative problem solving, organizational change management, think strategically, make decisions
- You have a strong leadership with experiences in network or functional management
- You have an effective communication skills, including negotiation, conflict resolution, emotional intelligence; critical thinking and problem solving
- You can cooperate transversally; strive for results, commitment to customers, lead teams, Act for change
Terms of employment : permanent position
Language of work : English
Salary Range: $140,000 -$150,000 CAD
Pension plan: 7% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution
Relocation Package and immigration will be provided for the successful candidate
Medical Health and dental benefits will be provided for the successful candidate
Annual merit increase will be provided for the successful candidate
Sanofi Pasteur: The world’s leading vaccine company
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
Applications received after the official close date will be reviewed on an individual basis.
NOTE: Internal applicants are required to notify their manager of their application.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community