Medical Science Liaison, Rare Diseases- Ontario/Canada
Sanofi, in the U.S. and Canada, strives to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that empowers employees to drive their careers and be successful. The talent we look for will contribute to the organization in innovative, insightful, and creative ways in order to strengthen our dynamic culture and drive us collectively to make a difference in the lives of patients.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
The MSL, Rare Diseases is a field-based role located in Ontario Canada and responsible for cultivating current and future thought leaders by sharing evidence-based data to support commercialized products, to introduce forthcoming products, and to engage them in Sanofi Genzyme clinical development program.
This position :
- Presents results and disease management concepts in medical treatment to Physicians, Nurses, and Patients Support Groups when requested
- Contributes in developing research opportunities (clinical trials & investigator initiated studies) and educational projects at thought leader institutions
- Provides therapeutic area support including response to unsolicited off-label information on products & therapies, if requested by healthcare practitioners
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Thought Leaders Development
- Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with current and future thought leaders
- Develop speakers and advocates among KOLs
- Link internal partners to external thought leaders for education and research collaboration.
- Advisory boards development of scientific content which is relevant and aligned with global priorities
- Link thought leaders to other external customers
- Publication planning and implementation
- Disseminate scientific information including innovative medical education materials and research concepts to thought-leaders.
- Make clinical and scientific presentations to healthcare audiences.
- Foster medical and scientific information exchange between the medical community and Sanofi Genzyme
- Contribute to strategic initiatives and training of the sales/marketing teams
- Presentations ( develop and maintain a database of relevant slide kits for both medical and sales)
- External scientific material review
- National conference activities: key poster identification, summary of presentations and posters from the conference
- Creating and execute RD awareness and screening programs
- Partnering with medical information in development and review of written responses
- Clinical and Scientific training for both medical and marketing
- Develop and maintain a database of relevant slide kits
- Study site identification, facilitate recruitment and enrollment
- Contributes with thought leaders in developing concepts for investigator initiated clinical studies
- Identify existing data and facilitate publications as appropriate
Customer Relationship Management
- Presents evidence-based clinical and scientific data to support therapeutic decisions in patient care
- Liaise between the academic thought leader and Sanofi Genzyme
- Contributes to the evaluation of grants for educational and research initiatives
- Interact with the US and Global Medical Affairs Rare Disease Team
- 40-50% travel required
Required Education and Experience
- MD, Pharmacist, PharmD, PhD
- 2 years experience in a MSL/MA function
- Health Industry experience
- Clinical Experience
- Knowledgeable in Genetics, Neurology or Nephrology experience
- Ability to handle/multitask with multiple products
- Leadership skills
- Developing and providing Training and Education programs
- Understanding Health Economics
- Build solid relationships with thought leaders, pharmacists, nurses,and patients support groups
- French is an asset
- Valid driver's license
About Sanofi – www.sanofi.ca
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi entities in Canada include the Diabetes and Cardiovascular Care Business Unit, the General Medicines and Established Products Business Unit, Sanofi Pasteur (vaccines), Sanofi Genzyme (specialty care) and Sanofi Consumer Health. Together they employ close to 1,900 people. In 2015 Sanofi companies invested $133.3 million in R&D in Canada, creating jobs, business and opportunity throughout the country.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet