Manager, Automation Engineering, Vaccine Facility (Building 100)
Sanofi, in the U.S. and Canada, strives to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that empowers employees to drive their careers and be successful. The talent we look for will contribute to the organization in innovative, insightful, and creative ways in order to strengthen our dynamic culture and drive us collectively to make a difference in the lives of patients.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Manager, Automation Engineering, Vaccine Facility (Building 100)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Department: Toronto / Engineering & Maintenance
About Sanofi Pasteur
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Manager, Automation Engineering, Vaccine Facility (Building 100) Summary:
The Incumbent executes the automation engineering activities for strategic capital projects within the Toronto Technical Services Organization. This position is required to manage development, concept, design, commissioning, qualification and the maintenance of the automation system. This position will be responsible for interfacing with different stream (Process, ITS, Production, Maintenance, Quality) to ensure the correct installation of the systems where adhering to established regulatory compliance requirements. The incumbent is also responsible for developing appropriate solutions to satisfy the needs of internal customers in accordance with company guidelines and procedures, and within budget and schedule commitments. The incumbent is accountable for acting and involved in producing designs and then implementing the designs (commissioning and qualification post installation) according to SPL best practices.
- Interpreting automation requirements developed during detailed design phase.
- Perform appropriate reviews with stakeholders and responsible for design that meets project budget and schedule.
- Responsible for leading and working with various trades to complete installation and commissioning activities for automation systems, including Emerson, to ensure they are designed and installed per design requirements.
- Support mechanical completion and start-up. Participate FAT, SAT and Critical Test plan execution.
- Review the C&Q test plans for the automation and support the commissioning and qualification tasks.
- Support the configuration, administration and maintenance activities of the site’s manufacturing computer and automation systems, including process control systems, building automation systems, configuration, and interfaces.
- Lead projects in the design, development, and qualification of automated processes, equipment, and systems.
- Directly support operations with troubleshooting and issue resolution with respect to computer and automation systems.
- Lead small cross functional teams in support of project requirements and initiatives.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. / B.E./Masters in the field of Engineering, Computer Science or related pharmaceutical discipline.
- 10 years’ experience with Emerson DeltaV system in biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical company working on large scale project(s).
- Experience with one of the following platforms: OSISoft PI historian, Werum PAS|X, and/or Emerson's MES system.
- Working knowledge of unit operations typically used in biotech and vaccine manufacturing such as: upstream and downstream operations, formulation, steaming (SIP) and cleaning (CIP).
- Working knowledge of PLC’s and automation in DCS platform.
- Experience with computer systems validation (CSV) practices, good automation manufacturing practices (GAMP) and FDA audited documentation/environment.
- Experience authoring and reviewing good documentation practices (GDP), standard operating procedures (SOP), and other controlled documents.
- Strong engineering analysis and systemic approach with ability to see overall project and effectively communicate direction to cross-functional teams.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet