Head of Vaccine Manufacturing- Toronto/ON
Sanofi Pasteur, the world’s leading vaccine company is seeking an inspiring leader for the newly created position of Head of Vaccine Manufacturing Toronto
Sanofi Pasteur is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
The Head of Vaccine Manufacturing will be responsible for leading the entire Manufacturing Value Chain for the Sanofi Pasteur Industrial Affairs in Toronto, Canada. With a span of responsibility covering Bulk Manufacturing, Formulations, Filling, Labelling and Packaging, and leading a team of over 400 employees, this leader will be accountable to lead the production according to the most stringent quality, regulatory, cost and safety requirements and delivery schedules, in a constant effort to provide the best support all associates and to strive for excellence and continuous improvement to further enhance the sites performance and customer satisfaction.
Reporting to the Vice-President Industrial Affairs and Site Head, Toronto, Canada, the Head of Vaccine Manufacturing provides executive direction, develops and implements medium and long term strategic plans, anticipates future business and customer’s needs and ensure sustainable and high performance level in a changing environment. Accountabilities include:
- Establish programs, practices and processes to drive a high-performance culture across Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Involvement via the Sanofi Manufacturing System (SMS).
- Develop and lead an agile, highly trained organization, from shop floor technicians, through the Industrial Affairs Committee and respects company values and culture
- Build a high-performance leadership team and ensure strong alignment and coordination of all functional groups on site.
- Serves as a member of the Canadian Industrial Affairs Committee and works cross-functionally to respect the needs of business partners within Manufacturing, Materials Management, Quality, Manufacturing Technology and Site Services.
- Establish programs, processes and the right culture to ensure an effective Safety culture.
- Ensure all Manufacturing operations are conducted in compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Responsible for engaging, investigating, and correcting departures from expectations to ensure the highest safety standards are maintained.
Quality, Compliance and Regulatory Inspections
- Ensure all product operations are conducted in compliance with cGMP’s, and regulations.
- Interface with MTech to ensure Manufacturing processes are validated
- Responsible for investigating and correcting deviations or departures from expected performance levels.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure Inspections, Deviations, Change Control, CAPAs and Regulatory commitments are met on time with the highest standards of quality.
- Working closely with the Head of Quality, share responsibility for the inspection, investigation, and taking of samples, in order to monitor factors which may affect product quality.
Delivery, Supply, Operational Performance
- Accountable for all production functions (Yield and Quality Levels) to ensure that sufficient product is manufactured at the appropriate level to meet supply chain requirements
- Manage manufacturing performance to meet Corporate Strategic and Operation objectives through establishing, approving, and analyzing manufacturing activities.
- Deliver financial results in accordance with plan and forecasts
- Meet all cost of goods targets by managing manufacturing performance through establishing, approving, and analyzing operational expenses, headcount, capital appropriations and inventory levels.
- Ensures continuous Manufacturing Improvements are defined and implemented
- Systematically identifies facilities, equipment, utilities and processes that require improvements and ensures these improvements and/or investments are budgeted and effectively implemented.
Education and Experience
- Master degree in Engineering or other Science related discipline
- 15 – 20 years, direct experience in pharma/biotech manufacturing, and quality environments/organizations
- 10 years demonstrated leadership in behavioral competencies.
- Strong GMP background including working knowledge of GMP
Key Technical competencies and soft skills:
- Exceptional leadership and management and supervisory capabilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and balanced decision making skills
- Diverse business, quality, and industrial manufacturing knowledge base
- Strong technical and leadership skills required to lead production unit
- Strong cross-functional working skills to forge relationships across organizational boundaries within and outside Manufacturing
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community