Head of Manufacturing Excellence
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Position Name: Head of Manufacturing Excellence
Reference No: R2555825
Site/Department: Toronto/Manufacturing Excellence
The Toronto site is the largest biologics plant in Canada and one of the largest in Sanofi. The site is on a best in class trajectory and is ready for the next step of its evolution. The Head of Manufacturing Excellence role is expected to challenge the status quo, support, develop and push the team to the highest level of performance. As the guardian of performance for the Toronto Site Industrial Affairs, the role includes, but is not limited to, maximizing productivity and capabilities, reinforcing the continuous improvement and cost mindset on site, continuing to implement best practices of the Sanofi Manufacturing System and ensuring that the strategic priorities are executed as planned. The role includes leadership of the Industrial Affairs Learning and Development group.
The role reports directly to the Vice-President Industrial Affairs & Site Head with a dotted line to the Sanofi-Pasteur Global Head of Manufacturing Excellence.
- Manufacturing Excellence: Accountable to develop and execute the performance excellence roadmap.
- Accountable to identify in collaboration with senior leadership from manufacturing, quality and other enabling functions, opportunities to improve productivity, people capabilities, minimize losses and bring a higher level of operations control.
- Strategy: Accountable for coordinating the annual Toronto site long range planning cycle. Leads the site strategy cascade, ensuring alignment across all levels.
- Industrial culture: Responsible to infuse a mindset of manufacturing excellence by challenging site leaders to continuously improve their areas and implement and embrace key elements of the Sanofi Manufacturing System (SMS).
- Ensure that appropriate performance measurement tools are implemented and consolidated in reference to corporate standards and/or site requirements.
- Lead the Sanofi Manufacturing System (SMS) implementation, operations and improvement programs across the Site.
- Build a network internally and externally to organize benchmark studies, make proposals to implement the best practices at Site level (e.g. digital roadmap). Participate actively in company benchmark studies.
- Productivity: Responsible to lead and execute efforts to meet productivity and cost targets in alignment with global.
- Special projects: Sponsor of key strategic and/or site wide projects as required by the business.
- Performance Reporting: Lead the site balanced score card, monthly reporting, site business reviews and performance KPIs.
- Learning and Development: Provides leadership and direction for the Toronto Learning and Development team for long term training strategy that supports and contributes to Industrial Operations overall strategy and objectives.
- Collaborate with leaders at other Sanofi sites, the Corporate Learning & Development and the Human Resources organizations to align training strategies and digital solutions to continuously improve training effectiveness, standardize and harmonize processes, design and develop network-wide competencies and capabilities to align with Sanofi strategy and global best practices.
- Oversees the Competency Based Learning program for the site including leadership, cGMP, HSE and technical training to ensure the people at the site have the competencies and skills to meet strategic workforce needs. Lead site training system and procedures in alignment with global systems and procedures to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Direct reports: approximately 20
- Position will influence the annual TOR industrial Affairs operating budget and the Opex and Capital budgets
- Position will also impact headcount and headcount deployment. Position will make management recommendations regarding industrial performance, optimization, and project prioritization.
- Some activities and/or projects will require working with diverse teams geographically and will require flexibilty in working hours and travel (occasional).
- Position has a high degree of autonomy and is expected to make decisions and interpretations within broadly defined requirements.
Education and experience
- BSc/BA/B.Eng or other technical degree
- 15+ years experience with strong business acumen
- Deep expertise in Lean manufacturing
- Six-Sigma black belt or Lean Sensei
- Master Black Belt (preferred)
- Experience in organizational learning (preferred)
- Business Consulting experience (preferred)
CANADA – Sanofi Pasteur
Sanofi Pasteur: The world’s leading vaccine company
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community