Head of Excellence in Project Office
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Head of Excellence in Project Office
- The Toronto site has entered an exciting period of unprecedented projects volume. The Head of Projects Excellence Office at Sanofi Pasteur (SP) Industrial Affairs is tasked with designing a projectized organization that will increase productivity within the operations by deploying excellence in the MTEC ways of working (Project – Program – Portfolio Management, Problem Solving, Knowledge retention amd Innovation)
- MTEC Toronto has designed a new organization structure in order to increase products and processes knowledge in operations and to support efficiently and pro-actively the B100 buildings – As a result of this organizational evolution, a Project Excellence Office role is created
- The challenge of this function is to increase project management maturity within MTEC and the Toronto site (IA and R&D) in order to increase the efficiency of industrial processes within the Legacy Buildings and B100
- This role is critical to sustain the production demand in the Bulk Legacy Buildings until the new B100 bulk building (Capex > 600m Euros) is fully registered for commercialization of products (planned in 2024)
Under the responsibility of the MTech Site Head and in alignment with the Global MPM directives:
- Implement PM practices aligned with the PMBOK (PMI) into MTEC programs and projects
- Quality management (scope, objectives, deliverables)
- Scheduling and budgeting
- Resources control (headcounts and cost)
- Change and risk management
- •Secure the achievement of MTech operating plan deliverables within the expected quality, timelines and costs in order to
- Ensure the highest efficiency in the MTech project portfolio
- Successfully complete projects
- Implement CI DMAIC Six-Sigma and DFSS into MTEC troubleshooting investigations
- Create and embed Knowledge Management and Innovation within MTEC
- Responsible to deploy Project Management Practices aligned with Global PMF and Project Management Book of Knowledge
- Responsible for providing support to MTech Management by developing short to long-term Operating Plans at Global and Site Level (LRP and Budget processes, MTech Resources Management) with close Interaction with IO Finance and other contributive functions (R&D, IO, ComOps, GEM…)
- Monitor the MTech Operating Plan for Performance measurement and analysis, and reporting purposes
- Challenge and audit all phases of the project: gap remediation leader; workload analysis, resource planning and contractor process management; facilitate decision making for prioritization of project portfolio
- Support the Project Leader in the execution of MTech projects by applying project management best practices.
- Contribute to MPM efficiency and continuous improvement at Global Level by enhancing project management best practices
- Responsible for the professional growth and advancement of the Project Managers including employee selection, coaching, training, development and technical guidance for direct reports (This accountability is site dependant)
- Responsible to deploy Continuous Improvement methodologies to continuously improve the MTEC business processes leading to increase efficiciencies
- Deploy DMAIC-Six Sigma and Design for Six-Sigma
- Align with the Global SMS model
- Responsible to embed knowledge management within MTEC
- to identify valuable Knowledge within MTECH (technical platforms, Data Science, Manufacturing Assistance and Projects/Programs),
- to build scientific and compliance knowledge cases and to ensure a strong deployment of KM processes, methodologies and tools to maintain the traceability, the robustness and the efficiency of industrial processes
- Responsible to embed Innovation within MTEC
- To create an innovative mindset via new ways of thinking
- Team management
- Lead, Motivate and develop people of the teams
- Attract/retain best talents
- Influence APU leads (Senior Directors) and Quality Operations Lead (senior Directors)
- Strong partnership with APT leads (Directors), Supply Chain leads (Directors), Programs Lead (Directors and Deputy Directors)
- Manufacturing/QC assistance at site level, Project portfolio for multiple sites and R&D, pasteur and group, participation in Global <Tech and Finance/PPM networks
- Headcount 5-6 (direct and indirect),
- # of programs and projects 25 - 35,
- Budget of projects 30 – 60 M$CAD
- Expertise in different areas : Project Management, Operational Excellence and Finances, Vaccines Technical skills to challenge experts proposal versus Business Requirements
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in a relevant discipline: vaccines / pharmaceutical/ biotechnology
- >15 years direct experience in vaccines / pharmaceutical/ biotechnology manufacturing
- Very Good knowledge of vaccines processes/products
- Cooperate transversally; strive for results, commitment to customers, lead teams, Act for change
Key technical competencies and soft skills:
- Project Management (Tools & Methodology, PM certification), English (for French people), Industrial accounting Basis / Scheduling
- Required soft skills: communicate transversally at all levels of the organization, negotiation, conflict resolution, facilitation, team motivation, empowerment, critical thinking, emotional Intelligence, creative problem solving, organizational change management , think strategically, make decisions
- Has technical experience making it possible to identify critical information not recorded, understand its impact on production outputs and formalize the technical knowledge and potential innovation topics
- Able to challenge the experts in a constructive way to improve products and processes knowledge (SPP, subject matter experts…)
CANADA – Sanofi Pasteur
Sanofi Pasteur: The world’s leading vaccine company
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community