Head of Digital, Toronto Site
Head of Digital, Toronto Site
Reference #: R2503951
Department: Manufacturing Excellence
Location: Toronto, Ontario
About Sanofi Pasteur
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
The Head of Digital in Toronto will work along with external business, government and education partners as well as internal stakeholders to drive growth by converting traditional analog business processes to digital ones using modern online technologies and data. The Head of Digital is responsible for the adoption of digital technologies across the site, the digital shop floor experience as well as the whole process of digital transformation.There are six key functions of this role and they include:
- Map digital capabilities to strategic priorities. Digital will need to align to where the company wants to go.
- Serve as the executive sponsor for digital process innovation. The complexity of business process digitization needs to be actively and carefully managed.
- Develop and administer the digital project portfolio. Responsibility for deployment lies elsewhere on the project team.
- Measure new efficiencies and ROI. Replacing manual processes with technology drives both cost savings and revenue generation.
- Develop ways to attract and retain top talent both internally and with our business partners. Sanofi Pasteur’s digital vision is more mature than our current skills.
- Be the ‘Executive Intermediary’ by enlisting involvement from other executives, re-establishing priorities, acting as a coach or serving as a tiebreaker during rollout of digital capabilities.
- Establish and execute the digital transformation roadmap for the Toronto site by ensuring cross-functionality between businesses, digital technologies and information technology. This role will also have a dotted line to the Manufacturing 4.0 Global Leader and will be in charge of a large scope, including interaction with other Sanofi Pasteur sites all over the world.
- Lead the Digital Transformation in Toronto: Act as Head of the Toronto Digital Committee, manage and oversee the roadmap, drive actions and define priorities, enable the digital portfolio, set up a benefit tracking system and analyze the performance of the digital initiative.
- Be a digital transformation project ambassador for Sanofi Pasteur and Toronto.
- Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate digital transformation.
- Communicate and elevate potential change and culture risks to the site Industrial Affairs Committee.
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules.
- Prepare evaluation of business cases for digital opportunities identified.
- Measure and ensure value realization of implemented projects/solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or information technology and advanced degree in the same discipline either MA or MBA.
- Relevant technology, architecture or content platform work experience required.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in a similar position.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressively related manufacturing experience, GMP environment preferred.
- Technical skills such as project management, strategy, business, innovation, new digital technologies, field applications within the Pharmaceutical industry, IT systems and industrial automation. Knowledge of business case methodology and the cost structure of a company.
- Soft skills such as communication skills, intellectually curious, listening, change management.
- Strong analysis and synthetic skills.
- Capacity to work in an agile method to demonstrate strong reactivity with stakeholders.
- Leadership skills to supervise, motivate, and coach team members.
- Expected to ensure budget perimeters and on time delivery commitments.
- Fluent English proficiency is required and fluent French proficiency preferred.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community