Sanofi, in the U.S. and Canada, strives to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that empowers employees to drive their careers and be successful. The talent we look for will contribute to the organization in innovative, insightful, and creative ways in order to strengthen our dynamic culture and drive us collectively to make a difference in the lives of patients.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
(TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY- 10 MONTHS)
Location: Sanofi Pasteur Limited / North York, Ontario
Department: Formulation and Stability
Reporting To: Senior Scientist
Required Education: Minimum (3) year University Degree (Engineering [process engineer or chemical engineer], Biochemistry, Chemistry)
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. For over 100 years, we’ve provided life-saving vaccines for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited, located in Toronto, is one of the company's four major R&D and manufacturing sites. We are home to Sanofi Pasteur's North American centre for Analytical and Bioprocess R&D. As well, we are the largest Canadian vaccine producer: each year, we manufacture 50 million doses of vaccine and distribute them to more than 90 countries around the world, helping to protect against 20 infectious diseases. This variety of activities offers employees diverse opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our company attracts some of the best minds in the business from across the globe. Our 1,300 employees give us their best and we offer the best in return.
Sanofi Pasteur Limited is looking for motivated and results driven individuals to join our Formulation and Stability Team as a Technologist. Key responsibilities will include the following:
1. Support Formulation and Fill technology transfer activities. This includes use of aseptic processing equipment, including isolators and biosafety hood, vial filling apparatus, autoclaves, load cells, disposable assemblies and aseptic connection. This also includes understanding and performance of environmental monitoring within the isolators and the surrounding Class C areas. Support engineering process development, understanding of mixing and filtration equipment operation and maintenance. Support technology transfer of new formulation and filling (GMP Grade) processes to CSU with understanding of GMP regulation.
2. Understand and perform analytical techniques to support scale up studies such as pressure decay test, homogeneity tests, calorimetric tests for in-process monitoring.
- Develop in-process tests to ensure product quality and reproducibility
- Modification of existing protocols for protein purification or analysis of purity
- Implementation of new analytical instruments
- Ensure all logbooks are signed, equipment maintained and monitored.
3. Perform process development activities as assigned.
- Support process development of new formulation processes.
4. Coordinate scale up studies and interface between clinical manufacturing and filling and technology development. May be asked to participate on working groups, task force, teams. Etc. for consistency across Development.
- Coordinate ongoing studies to ensure that materials are distributed, tests are performed, data is entered correctly.
- Design and coordinate new studies and ensure proper documentation is in place.
5. Preparation of reports, methods, SOPs, BPRs
- Prepare reports summarizing experimental results to be disseminated to supervisor and external customers.
- Write new experimental methods as they are developed.
- Write, edit and review SOPs and BPRs.
6. Compliance with employment and health and safety legislation and work within the policies, procedures and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum (3) year University Degree (Engineering [process engineer or chemical engineer], Biochemistry, Chemistry)
- Minimum of six (6) months of previous relevant experience in a biological, biotechnology or pharmaceutical manufacturing company.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make quick decisions in accordance with SOPs and training.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to enter and maintain accurate data and in a timely manner.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet