Digital Strategy Operations Expert- Toronto/ON
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
The Digital Strategy & Operations Expert is responsible for providing expert direction, technical support and oversight to Digital Initiatives intended to enhance vaccine manufacturing at Sanofi Pasteur Toronto site. Initially this role will focus on mentoring and driving the success of the project technical team working on launching electronic batch records (eBRs) and new manufacturing execution system (MES) in new biologics bulk manufacturing facility. The initial mission will require working collaboratively with operations, engineering, automation, and quality, and is accountable for developing and defining the implementation strategy digital systems (MES, Data historian, ERP, process control system) in the new facility. Subsequent to initial role, this expert will integrate with the site digital initiatives to drive implementation and evolution of digital systems that are aligned with the global strategy and the roadmap for the Toronto site.
The Digital Strategy & Operations Expert will initially report to the New Biologics Manufacturing Project Director for initial mission and then join the site digital team under the direction of the Head of Manufacturing Excellence to continue digital transformation mission.
- Drive strategy for paperless manufacturing and evolution of digital technology for new manufacturing facility and integration with site
- Develop and lead strategies for design, architecture, implementation and configuration of computerized systems (MES, PI, etc,)
- Develop and integrate plan for digital solutions including: Business processes, Quality systems (review by exception – RBE, LIMS, etc), Manufacturing Documentation
- Expert support for MBR development, testing, validation execution planning
- PI system testing, validation and integration oversight (incl. configuration)
- Develop key guidance documents and training plan and strategy
- Integrate new facility with site digital strategy and act as digital change agent
- Ensures that the all work and implementations are carried out in a safe manner and safety issues are effectively resolved
- Ensures operating procedures are current and followed
- Ensures adherence to policies
- Coach and mentor Project Leaders and staff to develop their expertise to ensure a strong foundation and base to support the project and facility start up
- Assist in developing the evolution of the organization to provide the right support and infrastructure to support the project and Toronto site
- Develop next generation of digital experts for the organization
Education and experience
- Minimum B.Eng., B.Sc. or equivalent (Master’s preferred)
- 10-15 years, direct experience in pharma/biotech manufacturing, and quality environments/organizations
- 5+ years demonstrated consulting and SME in design and implementation of digital systems like MES/PCS.
- Demonstrated technical competences leading digital initiatives in biopharma or life science industry.
Sanofi Pasteur: The world’s leading vaccine company
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community