Clinical Science Specialist Contract, Immunology, Dupilumab- Toronto/ON
The Clinical Science Specialist is responsible for achieving sales targets for Dupilumab based on a sound business plan and strategic sales execution. This is a field-based position covering Greater Toronto Area, Ontario working closely with Dermatologists and Pediatric Dermatologists as the Sanofi Genzyme Dermatology product / services expert to ensure customer-focused initiatives are executed to facilitate the use of Dupilumab, the only IL-4 IL-13 inhibitor for the treatment of Atopic Dermatitis. In this role, the incumbent will work closely with Marketing, Medical, Sales and Patient Support colleagues. This position will serve as a Dermatology Clinical Science Specialist covering a maternity leave replacement.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual and delivers on our promise to put patients first and has a proven record in Dermatology (or specialty) sales. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated and be able to provide examples of their superior business acumen, effective management of resources and ability to achieve or surpass corporate goals and sales objectives. Successful candidates will think strategically and manage their time effectively in order to maximize customer engagement and deliver value and solutions that are tailored to each target.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Achieve Dupilumab sales objectives and profitably through management of territory budget / expenses
- Develop and implement annual territory business plan based on market insights and incorporate marketing brand plans to ensure consistency. Ensure continuous and timely updates to the plan in response to changing market dynamics
- Consistently deliver on the value proposition for Dupilumab and ensure brand objectives are met through key message communication to specialists treating Atopic Dermatitis
- Utilize key data sources to strategically develop territory action plan
- Identify, build, and expand key customer / stakeholder relationships, to identify advocates for Dupilumab
- Collaborate with medical to implement regional CME (Continuing Medical Education) programs
- Perform all required administrative duties, including expense reports, marketing reports, and call reporting
- Work within the Sanofi Genzyme regulatory and legal compliance guidelines
- Attend local, regional and national meetings as directed
- To successfully complete all training programs provided by Sanofi Genzyme
- To maintain in good order all company property
- Be willing and able to travel approximately 20% of the time, evening and weekend work will be required
Specific Skills and/or Competencies
- Possess a successful sales career history, e.g., Positive sales to forecast record, demonstrated customer focus, sales awards, promotions, etc.
- Possess superior customer engagement skills, with a focus on delivering value
- Possess excellent technical aptitude and the ability to conduct disease/concept selling
- Demonstrate superb written, verbal and presentation skills
- Possess excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals or groups, targeting presentation to the needs of the audience
- Ability to work independently to execute against strategic and tactical plans under tight timelines
- Be computer literate including the ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, databases and e-mail software
- Dermatology and biologic experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Patient Support Programs (PSP) strongly preferred
- Launch experience and understanding of local managed markets environment preferred
About Sanofi – www.sanofi.ca
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi entities in Canada include the Diabetes and Cardiovascular Care Business Unit, the General Medicines and Established Products Business Unit, Sanofi Pasteur (vaccines), Sanofi Genzyme (specialty care) and Sanofi Consumer Health. Together they employ close to 1,900 people. In 2015 Sanofi companies invested $133.3 million in R&D in Canada, creating jobs, business and opportunity throughout the country.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community