Sanofi, in the U.S. and Canada, strives to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that empowers employees to drive their careers and be successful. The talent we look for will contribute to the organization in innovative, insightful, and creative ways in order to strengthen our dynamic culture and drive us collectively to make a difference in the lives of patients.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
(5 Month Temporary Job position)
Location: Sanofi Pasteur Limited / North York, Ontario
Department: Quality Control BioResources
About Sanofi Pasteur
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Our company distributes more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Perform animal care, animal husbandry and enrichment for various laboratory animal species.
- Perform a high standard of animal care and husbandry including such activities as the daily health monitoring of various laboratory animals; planning and preparation of caging for new animals; receiving and housing incoming animals, monitoring environmental and housing conditions ensuring clean and adequate food, water, and caging; routine cleaning and disinfection; ensuring animal enrichment schedules are followed, as outline in S.W.I.’s/S.O.P.’s; carcass removal and disposal.
Perform equipment and facility maintenance in and around the animal facilities.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in and around facility work areas such as animal rooms, office areas, corridors, storage rooms, procedure rooms, cage wash areas, external storage areas (ie. external facility areas, loading docks, barn, or sheds).
- These duties include washing floors, walls, work surfaces, windows, maintenance of cleaning equipment, monitoring and changing of animal room air filters, cleaning of freezers and fridges, organizing staff laundry supplies, etc.
Ensure adherence and compliance to cGMP’s and HSE policies and procedures throughout all activities. Timely review and completion of required documentation including training documentation, S.O.P’s/S.W.I’s animal facility/equipment documentation and GMP updates.
- Ensure all general facility and animal room documentation is reviewed/completed in a timely manner while ensuring cGXP is maintained.
- Ensure animals are correctly identified upon arrival and monitor to ensure adequate individual or cage identification until released.
- Complete and maintain on the job records according to current Lesson Plans- attend and participate in relevant training as required.
Maintain animal health monitoring systems including procedures, treatments and documentation as required. Assist with animal restraint/technical/testing procedures as required.
- Ensure animals found ill or injured are correctly identified and monitored.
- Perform procedures and/or treatments, as directed or under special direction, document as required.
- Assist with animal restraint/technical/testing procedures as required.
Assist in maintaining adequate inventory for animal feed, bedding, cleaning supplies, chemicals, gowning materials and animal enrichment supplies, as required. Wash and assemble stainless steel tanks/glassware:
- Monitor and determine weekly requirements and expiry dates for such supplies as feed and bedding.
- Report requirements for other routine use supplies and materials such as cleaning agents, gowning/PPE materials, chemicals and enrichment supplies.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum three (3) year College Diploma (Animal Health Technician, Veterinary Technician).
- Minimum of six (6) month of previous relevant experience in a biological or pharmaceutical company, or a university lab animal facility.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make quick decisions in accordance with SOPs and training.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to enter and maintain accurate data and in a timely manner.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday 7:00a.m.-3:00p.m.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet