Vaccines - DSP Technology Platform Head M/F
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Le contenu du poste est libellé en anglais car il nécessite de nombreuses interactions avec nos filiales à l’international, l'anglais étant la langue de travail.
Under the direction of Global MTech Process Science & Technology Excellence Head, the Global DSP Technology Platform Head is a transversal function:
- Holding scientific and industrial expertise in Down Stream Processing manufacturing technologies, both current and next generation, in connection with the Bacteriology and Virology Technology Platform Heads
- Aiming at evaluating and supporting the implementation of new and innovative (incremental or disruptive) technologies to the vaccine domain, applicable to both bacterial and viral vaccine manufacturing processes, in connection with the External Science & Techno Platform Head
Define the Manufacturing strategies, contributing to the overall Product CMC strategies
- Contribute to the definition of the DSP part of the Product CMC Roadmap
- Support accordingly the implementation of DSP technologies jointly with the Bacteriology, Virology and External Science & Techno Global Platform Heads, and GBIE Community
- Contribute to following-up key collaborations with internal (e.g. VITA) or external bodies (academic laboratories, start-up, big suppliers)
- Manage the update of the Techno List and bring his expertise:
- Support and coordinate manufacturing strategy implementation in the frame of CMC strategy implementation, including Tech Transfer
- Coordinate and define Best Practices namely contribute to Industrial Techno & Process Standards including Evolutive Facility requirements
- Coordinate the DSP expert network within Sanofi Pasteur and across Sanofi to influence and define the VIA mid and long-term technology visions
- Mentors with scientific and technical knowledge within SP community (MTech: SPP, others and beyond: i.e. Manufacturing, R&D) and within Sanofi group as needed. Contribute to knowledge
- Provides expertise to SP (R&D, Mfg, E2E), Sanofi group and external such as Health Authorities lobbying
- Contribute to complex Troubleshooting
Scope and dimensions:
- Breadth of responsibility (global/regional/country/site): Global – 5 countries in the internal scope (MLE, VdR, TOR, SWR, PILAR, SHA, PS) and external business
- Freedom to act, level of autonomy: Wide autonomy as long as the actions are in line with the industrial strategy, the objectives and SP guidelines
- Competencies (LEAD model) – key competencies the job holder will be evaluated on (HOW in 9box)
- Act for Change/ Cooperate transversally, Think strategically, Make decisions (or give all to facilitate the decisions), Commit to customers, Develop people, team spirit
- Skills: Scientific and technical background focused on DSP (mainly chromatography, liquid/liquid & solid/liquid separative technology, continuous mode, SUT, filtration incl nanofiltration), Network Leadership, Communication, Negotiation, Intercultural relationship skills, oriented cost & finance
Education and experience:
- Master’s degree in Biochemical/Chemical Engineering, with preferably a PhD, >15 year experience in biotechnology and/or vaccine industry in R&D and Industrial manufacturing (wide technical expertise’s), project management, team management always in an international ecosystem
- Skills: Scientific and technical background focused on DSP (mainly chromatography, liquid/liquid & solid/liquid separative technology, continuous mode, SUT, filtration incl nanofiltration)
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
As part of its diversity commitment, Sanofi is welcoming and integrating people with disabilities.
Join Our Talent Community