US Medical Strategy Manager - Swiftwater, PA
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Our Sanofi Pasteur Swiftwater, PA site, where we both research and manufacture vaccines since 1897, has had a tremendous impact on global health and the quality of human life. Nestled among the Pocono Mountains in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, Sanofi Pasteur is home to state-of-the-industry facilities—and a rich and unique history. Our Swiftwater campus is more than 500 acres, housing 44 buildings and encompassing more than one million square feet of building space. Many of our facilities, while bright and modern, still retain the rustic charm of the original stonework.
Sanofi Pasteur's Historic Swiftwater Campus Celebrates 120 Years
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Role & Responsibilities:
Support the Medical Directors and the Medical Operations and Excellence Head to establish, implement, and execute on strategic objectives, operational and project budget planning and reviews, as well as coordination and project management of transversal projects, whether franchise/product-team specific or across teams. Within the Franchise assignment, specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide project management in the development of integrated medical plans (iMAP) and integrated evidence generation plans in close collaboration with US Medical Directors, in collaboration with the appropriate Commercial team.
- Drive the alignment and timely development of plans, the execution of the activities and projects, and tracking of progress and/or metrics.
- Franchise/Brand external facing activities
- Provide support in the execution of Medical Franchise activities and evaluate the need for new activities in alignment with US Franchise Medical team priorities
- Coordinate the implementation of activities with US Medical Directors, SP teams, and external stakeholders
- Follow-up on the activities until completion, proactively highlight potential issues to the Medical Directors and support them in addressing the issues.
- Evaluate the impacts and results of the Medical initiatives (KPIs)
- Medical Operational Excellence
- Provide support to Franchise Medical Directors in conceptualization and execution of meetings (e.g., cross-functional meetings and franchise medical meetings) as needed
- Ensure action item follow-up after the key meetings
- Support activities and tracking in alignment with Medical strategic plans
- KPI follow up/ Dashboard of activities and plans in the Franchise
- Contribute to/or lead special transversal projects in the region or in collaboration with Global Medical initiatives (e.g., MEDx, digital transformation, Unified Voices) and responsibilities as assigned by the Medical Operations and Excellence Head
- Events & Projects Organization and Management
- Organize external facing medical activities (eg advisory boards and scientific meetings) in close collaboration with the Medical Directors
- Provide strategic direction to the project manager/lead and administrative staff
- Communicate effectively with the Medical Directors and local teams
- Communicate with external HCPs for events and activities
- Draft the agenda and slides with the SP teams, chairs, and speakers
- Coordinate with the local teams for participation of SP members to the meetings
- Prepare/review the meeting reports with the SP teams and chairs
- Contact the external agency for logistical aspects: venue, travel, transfers, meals
- Work closely with the contract manager to draft contracts and agreements for the Medical Directors and execute the validation process
- Manage all required documentation related to compliance and interaction with the SP members; ensure compliance with the process for external expert engagement.
- Financial operations (Budget and Resource)
- Work closely with the Medical Operations and Excellence Head in generating annual budgets and Medical spending reports.
- Support the budget planning and execution for the franchise, monitor budgets, and escalate any issues
- Monitor within the Franchise allocation of budgets and resources as per emerging business needs.
- Liaise with Global Medical Operations team regarding alignment with global priorities.
- Contribute to the preparation of regional submission for finance cycles for regional team and coordinate with country medical heads for local submissions
- Medical team members (US and Canada)
- Regional - Other departments and functions of Sanofi Pasteur (e.g., Marketing, RA, Finance, Public Affairs, New Products)
- Global – SP HQ Lyon and SP Regional Canada Functions (e.g. Medical, Marketing, R&D, Regulatory, Franchise)
- Medical Information and Training Governance
- Legal and Compliance
Key External Stakeholders:
- Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and Healthcare Providers
- External Consultants
- External Vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, advanced degrees preferred.
- Knowledge/experience and/or degree in infectious disease field, vaccine field and/or healthcare
- 1+ year experience in Pharmaceutical Industry
- Fluent in English
- Occasional travel within North America is required
- Science Degree
- MBA preferred
- Vaccines experience is an advantage
- Project management experience in Medical Affairs desirable
Competencies the successful candidate will possess:
- Strategic mindset with focus on execution
- Ability to synthesize information and translate it into actionable intelligence
- Ability to navigate in a matrix environment and to cooperate transversally
- Business and Market access acumen
- Event management for Medical activities
- Strong ability to build and maintain networks with internally and key external stakeholders
- Strong communication, influencing & negotiation skills
- Self-motivated, flexible and ability to establish credibility
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet