Sr. Customer Marketing Manager, Channel Marketing
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Our Sanofi Pasteur Swiftwater, PA site, where we both research and manufacture vaccines since 1897, has had a tremendous impact on global health and the quality of human life. Nestled among the Pocono Mountains in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, Sanofi Pasteur is home to state-of-the-industry facilities—and a rich and unique history. Our Swiftwater campus is more than 500 acres, housing 44 buildings and encompassing more than one million square feet of building space. Many of our facilities, while bright and modern, still retain the rustic charm of the original stonework.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
The Sr. Customer Marketing Manager, Channel Marketing is a core member of the channel marketing team. The Sr. Customer Marketing Manager will drive the development and implementation of the US Business Unit strategies to optimize product performance within the assigned segments and channels (e.g. LTC, W/D, and Distributors). This position will support the assessment, research, creation, and development of strategies, and tactics to enhance the Sanofi Pasteur Portfolio and to achieve dose and revenue goals. This role will be responsible for collaborating with multiple functional groups, including but not limited to Market Access, Sales, Market Research, Franchise Marketing, and legal teams. This position will work directly with the Head of Specialty Marketing to develop and implement strategies, objectives, budgets, forecasts and financial plans.
SEGMENT / CHANNEL PERFORMANCE
Objective: Objective: To maximize company dose and dollar sales volume in a manner consistent with profit goals.
- Develop realistic and achievable forecast in concert with Key Stakeholders (including but not limited to other marketing teams, sales leadership, demand forecast, and strategy) and achieve forecast as planned.
- Develop annual and trimester strategies, messaging, tactics to achieve financial objectives
- Use information systems and reports to monitor, assess and interpret sales trends and progress of sales and profits toward monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives.
- Allocate promotional budget in proportion to impact on revenues.
- Proactively identify market/channel/segment opportunities based on changing customer expectations and competitive activities and trends and adapt strategies accordingly
- Remain abreast of the market, the competition and the environment. Act as an information resource to all of Sanofi Pasteur functional areas.
- Develop and manage budgets within profit objectives.
- Develop and expand technical knowledge necessary for product/segment management
- Identify and propose new strategies and projects, which will enhance the performance of the product/segment
- Analyze, prepare and submit alternative product, price, promotion and distribution strategies for approval.
- Develop, implement and monitor productivity of all promotional programs
Objective: Develop and implement comprehensive segment / channel marketing plans that support Sanofi Pasteur BU objectives.
- Prepare and present marketing plans in accordance with the planning cycle. These plans are to include objectives, strategies, tactics, market expenses, sales and profit forecasts.
- Develop and assure timely execution of the annual and three-year sales forecasts and market share objectives for respective segments/channels.
- Engage and manage agencies to develop promotional materials; provide input into design and layout; manage the editing, proofing and revision of material to ensure compliance with Sanofi’s policies.
- Coordinate successful, timely, and compliant execution of promotional materials through the medical, legal and regulatory review process, following established technical document and submission requirements while meeting internal timeline requirements.
- Participate in global brand teams or other teams as applicable. Coordinate appropriately with global stakeholders, as needed
- Have a complete understanding of and be able to effectively communicate marketplace events and trends that influence the performance on SP brands
COMMUNICATION & COORDINATION
Objective: Coordinate and communicate all aspects of assigned segments / channels with relevant stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with key functional groups (Franchise Marketing, Sales, Market Research, Finance, Market Access Etc.) and ensure strategies are aligned across all areas and progress is measured
- Routinely meet with sales and customers to enhance market knowledge.
- Keep the sales force promptly and accurately informed on industry trends, competition, product acceptance, and new product releases.
- Conduct regular stakeholder meetings with Sales, other Marketing teams and Analytics/Reporting to understand effectiveness of deployed strategies/tactics and adapt as needed.
- Manage agency relationships and projects in order to meet key objectives, milestones and budget parameters
- Develop and launch sales force communications that are relevant to market trends, new product acceptance and the overall perception of Sanofi Pasteur products.
- Communicate strategies and tactical plans as required to all functional groups so that they are prepared to support the plan with adequate lead time.
LEADERSHIP & DEVELOPMENT
Objective: Demonstrate leadership on projects/responsibilities while focusing on self-development, constantly gaining skillsets which can be used to improve individual and product contributions.
- Serve as a mentor for the department
- Lead cross-functional initiatives such as annual strategic planning, POA development, market research, sales training sessions.
- In conjunction with manager, identify areas for self-development and create plan of action for growth, including participation in mentor program, live and online training sessions, monthly development meetings, etc.
- Develop rapport and a positive business environment with key internal stakeholders, customers and/or opinion leaders to build a value proposition that improves Sanofi Pasteur performance while meeting the needs of these parties.
ORGANIZATION & TIME MANAGEMENT
Objective: Achieve maximum professional efficiencies through effective organization and time management.
- Allocate proportionate time to activities which impact the development and implementation of the annual strategic plan, annual and 3-year financial forecasts, and evolving critical business issues.
- Make effective use of available resources at Sanofi Pasteur and through other sources (including other GBUs)
- Establish controls to monitor and to provide reports on sales, profits and project status.
- BA/BS Degree in business or marketing; MBA desirable
- A minimum of 2-3 years of Marketing experience
- Minimum of 3 years of pharmaceutical and/or healthcare experience with a minimum of 2-3 years in U.S. pharmaceutical marketing (pre-launch or in-line) or relevant experience
- Willingness to travel 25% of time domestically
Sanofi Pasteur and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community