Medical Science Liaison - Vaccines - North Carolina, South Carolina
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Our Sanofi Pasteur Swiftwater, PA site, where we both research and manufacture vaccines since 1897, has had a tremendous impact on global health and the quality of human life. Nestled among the Pocono Mountains in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, Sanofi Pasteur is home to state-of-the-industry facilities—and a rich and unique history. Our Swiftwater campus is more than 500 acres, housing 44 buildings and encompassing more than one million square feet of building space. Many of our facilities, while bright and modern, still retain the rustic charm of the original stonework.
Sanofi Pasteur's Historic Swiftwater Campus Celebrates 120 Years
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
NOTE: Territory includes North Carolina and South Carolina. The successful candidate must live in the territory, or be willing to relocate there at own cost.
The Mission of Sanofi’s MSL (Medical Science Liaison) Team and the Medical Science Liaison is to be the trusted scientific partners in the field for external experts and decision-makers engaging in mutual scientific exchanges to accelerate data dissemination. Sanofi’s Medical Field-based teams enhance the understanding of the scientific and medical value of our products in the therapeutic area and gather new insights by bringing cutting edge scientific exchange today that accelerates medical innovation tomorrow
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-facing role whose main objectives are to:
- Exhibit strong knowledge of relevant diseases, vaccine, healthcare environment, competitors; can articulate the medical and scientific value of our vaccines
- Be the trusted scientific partner to key external experts by conducting timely, appropriate and frequent scientific exchanges to enhance the understanding of the scientific and medical value of our products.
- Execute on stakeholder engagement plans to gather data, develop and share medical insights that contribute to enhancement of Sanofi’s key medical messages, plans and future research.
- Keep abreast of medical and scientific developments in the therapeutic field to help identify and critically assess research opportunities and to play a supportive role in the execution of evidence generation plans to enhance the value of our products in a real-world setting
- Recognize, record and share insights that deepen our understanding of the needs of patients, consumers, regulators, payers, and healthcare providers and proactively contribute towards identifying unmet needs.
- Maintain effective and appropriate communication among internal stakeholders (Medical Affairs colleagues, Medical Information and Commercial Operations) while maintaining full compliance with relevant company, industry, legal and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate operational understanding and risk management by ensuring excellence in execution of all governance processes.
- Advanced degree in a technical, scientific or medical field (MD, PhD, Pharm D)
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a complete background check
- Driving a company car in a safe manner to daily meetings and appointments is required
- Responsible for operating the motor vehicle using safe driving practices, knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, and obeying all traffic laws.
- Previous experience in vaccines or infectious diseases is an asset
- Previous pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- Clear understanding of medical practice, clinical decision making and healthcare systems related to patient care.
- Ability to interpret key scientific data and translate this information to meet educational and research needs.
- Demonstrated ability to address educational and research needs through delivery of cutting edge scientific/evidenced based data.
- Understand the design and execution of research studies.
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in working on multi-disciplinary teams and managing significant volume of projects.
- Experience in the use of digital software and platforms
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE /COMPETENCIES:
- Actively listens to others and is adept at confidently stating expert opinion while respecting the positions of others - can exert diplomacy while standing firm on a position.
- Utilizes effective, professional communications to cultivate strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues, flexible in own approach to people and situations.
- Skillfully plans, prioritizes, and executes multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills (by example and through accomplishments), steps forward to handle challenges within scope of authority.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of local regulations and codes of practice for pharmaceutical industry, in particular as they apply to the non-promotional activities of this role.
- Demonstrates scientific expertise - stays abreast of data, treatment trends, and new information in the profession and ability to articulate therapeutic knowledge and translate expert feedback into appropriate insights.
- Knowledge of relevant healthcare systems, the evolving medical landscape, regulatory and payer environment, public health and industry trends.
- Proficiency in digital tools.
- The MSL will work in the following areas of the country: North Carolina and South Carolina
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet