Manager Mktg & Sales Incent Comp
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Our Sanofi Pasteur Swiftwater, PA site, where we both research and manufacture vaccines since 1897, has had a tremendous impact on global health and the quality of human life. Nestled among the Pocono Mountains in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, Sanofi Pasteur is home to state-of-the-industry facilities—and a rich and unique history. Our Swiftwater campus is more than 500 acres, housing 44 buildings and encompassing more than one million square feet of building space. Many of our facilities, while bright and modern, still retain the rustic charm of the original stonework.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
The Sanofi Pasteur IC Manager is based in Swiftwater, PA and reports to the Director of Incentive Compensation. This key position is integral to the organization’s ability to administer, process and monitor the various IC programs to motivate and engage the Specialty and Direct sales forces. The position will engage with Marketing and Sales (M&S) leadership to understand the strategic priorities and implement the IC plan and related reporting to support their achievement. This position is responsible for the validation of sales compensation data and employee performance within the compensation system, while maintaining their integrity and accuracy. The position also interacts with key members of the Sanofi Pasteur Business Operations Support team to leverage all data from multiple sources and analyses to implement the IC model and metrics in the complex buy and bill vaccines marketplace.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Note: The list below is not comprehensive; this job is also responsible for other duties as assigned.
IC Systems, Data Development, and IC Portal
- Oversees the management and performance of the IC system, data, and IC portal.
- Collaborates with IS, the IC vendor and other internal resources to successfully integrate all plans into the IC system within established timelines
- Ensures appropriate data inputs and importing system utilities are in place to support execution and measurement of the incentive plans.
- Owns the validation of sales compensation data and employee performance reporting within the IC System and on the IC Portal. Maintains data integrity of the compensation system to ensure accurate reporting and payments. Ensures accuracy of employee compensation eligibility within the IC system which affects employee performance, validation reports, and management reporting.
- Develops, processes, and maintains data needed for payments. This includes, but it not limited to: management objectives, manual adjustments, eligibility, salaries, short term disability, leave of absence, and overtime pay.
- Collaborates with sales force management and incentive compensation vendor to develop appropriate system outputs, validation tools, and reporting via the IC Portal.
- Oversees the development and distribution of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual performance management reports to the sales force.
- Uses analytical functions and tools to identify and research data discrepancies. Leads efforts to resolve issues and finds permanent improvements.
- Fosters collaborative relationships with IS, HR, sales force, and internal teams
Planning and IC Administration
- Prepares sample calculations and trackers for contests, quotas, and IC plans
- Prepares quota workbook and documentation, validates compensation documents, processes MicroStrategy validation report, and develops ad-hoc MicroStrategy reporting
- Ensures IC Portal is maintained and updated with current information tailored to the needs of the sales force and leadership
- Provides analytical support and ad-hoc analysis to the Director, IC and Sales management for special projects in a timely and accurate manner
- Analyzes requests and corresponding data using the data warehouse through database management tools and Excel. Applies a complete knowledge of statistical fundamentals, Sanofi Pasteur’s business, and Compensation processes and procedures to provide recommended solutions and decisions in response to Compensation inquiries.
- Manages the Profit Through Partnership Agreement (PTPA) data receipt process for indirect sales which impact quota attainment. Responsible for tracking monthly sales from distributors and maintains collaborative relationships with PTPA vendors, Key Account Management (KAM) and National Account Management (NAM) team to ensure timely and accurate data receipt. Includes overseeing the automated process to load the data into the data warehouse. Collaborates with IS on any changes required in the processing and resolution of any issues.
Awards Programs and Special Projects
- Manages the M&S award programs (including Hall of Honor, Rookie of the Year, Champion for Customers, President’s Circle, and Above and Beyond Award)
- Partners with the Heads of Sales to manage the full process and timelines
- Manages development of rules, including metrics and eligibility criteria. Develops recommendations based on industry standards. Creates a summary of all award programs outlining ratios, contest metrics, timelines, and eligibility criteria.
- Manages data gathering for metrics. Creates and distributes trackers for participant rank and distributes with appropriate instructions to management
- Validates and ensures accuracy of all compensation data. Champions award eligibility process and validates participant eligibility status. Provides support and guidance to management during nomination process.
- Special Projects – Provides support to Director of IC on key projects including benchmarking, effectiveness measures, etc. Completes analysis and makes recommendations to support decision-making initiatives by this group.
- Leads and manages M&S contests. Partners with Marketing to establish contest goals, rules, eligibility, and awards
- Provides expertise on metric development, analysis and systematic tracking/reporting. Ensures all data are accurate and validated and recommends streamlining metrics and processes.
- Develops and manages contest budget based on industry standards and company policy. Reviews all contests for reasonableness and ensures resources are committed to measure
- Manages exceptions (MEs) process between sponsor, contest team, and representative. Provides recommendations for MEs based on data analysis and company policies.
- Leads communication for all participants and upper management. Manages approvals with senior management
- Partners with Purchasing and outside vendors to obtain awards
- Manages full process from HR related eligibility requirements to coordinating payment process with payroll for contest winners.
- At least 3 years of healthcare industry experience
- Experience in sales force incentive compensation design and/or measurement
- Bachelor’s degree required – Preferred focus in Statistics, analytics; Master’s degree preferred
- Advanced MS Excel Skills
- Experience utilizing advanced analytics and reporting techniques and tools such as MicroStrategy and SAS
- Ability to clearly communicate actionable analytical findings to Sales and Marketing leadership with corresponding communication of technical details
- Excellent analytical skills and a high attention to detail and accuracy are required
- Ability to communicate complex information, leveraging Impact & Influence skills to align stakeholders
- Focus on understanding customer needs and expectations
- Innovative mindset
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; and talk or hear. The employee must have the ability to operate a personal computer. May be required to sit for long periods of time.
Approximate Travel – Minimal (POA meeting support, leadership meetings)
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community