Maintenance Technician, Swiftwater, PA
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Our Sanofi Pasteur Swiftwater, PA site, where we both research and manufacture vaccines since 1897, has had a tremendous impact on global health and the quality of human life. Nestled among the Pocono Mountains in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, Sanofi Pasteur is home to state-of-the-industry facilities—and a rich and unique history. Our Swiftwater campus is more than 500 acres, housing 44 buildings and encompassing more than one million square feet of building space. Many of our facilities, while bright and modern, still retain the rustic charm of the original stonework.
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
This is a 2nd or 3rd shift position.
Maintenance Technician (Equipment )
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for supporting the design, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all site-wide equipment in order to maintain a Quality Class A environment in GMP facilities.
This position reports to and supports the Area Team Deputy Director, Maintenance, who is ultimately responsible for the efficient, effective and reliable operation of all site-wide equipment in their specific area. This position will have interactions with HSE, Engineering, Outside Contractors/Consultants, Industrial Operations and Research & Development departments.
The ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, evaluate and repair site-wide equipment is critical to the success of this role and the Maintenance Department. This position requires the incumbent to work on intricate and site specific equipment and systems, with many being located in or directly affecting GMP areas and environments. The GMP production environment requires attention to the details and accuracy within good documentation practices.
The 7/24 GMP production environment that exists generates the need to work up to 25% overtime with short notice and the working of various shifts depending on business needs and production cycles. The focus to create and maintain a safety culture that is proactive and striving for zero injuries is of the utmost importance and an expectation for all employees.
The Maintenance Technician has the ability to influence and impact the Site Service Maintenance budget with the recommendations/decisions that are made to repair and/or replace equipment. The Maintenance Technician also has the ability to influence and impact the Manufacturing Buildings productivity and run time with the recommendations/decisions that are made to repair and/or replace equipment. The work performed by the Maintenance Technician and the documentation of this work directly impacts Manufacturing and has the ability to affect deviations within their area of responsibility, which directly affects product produced at the Swiftwater facility.
• High School diploma or GED required
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an equipment mechanic trade or less than 1 year experience accompanied by an Associate degree / certificate in specific trade program
The ideal candidate will have considerable experience and knowledge including but not limited to the following:
- Preventive maintenance and repairs on industrial and process equipment ,motors, conveyors, CNC pneumatics and hydraulic equipment
- Generate / process work orders and record material utilized on a computerized maintenance-management system
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using measuring and testing instruments.
- Tensioning of belts, alignments, and replacement of bearings and sheeves
- Knowledge of autoclaves, washers, incubators, and sonicators
- Safely operate fork lifts man lifts, power tools, hoists and hand tools
- Compressed air systems and pneumatic controls
- Pump repair, rebuild and replacement
- Motor replacement and alignment and the various tools and techniques associated used.
- Diaphragm and solenoid valves
- PLCs and chart recorders
- Schematics, manufacturer’s installation manuals and the ability to read blueprints
- Basic understanding of electrical systems
- Ability to interpret, understand, follow and communicate instructions
- Ability to work well with others and be a strong team member
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet