Maintenance Technician (Equipment Maintenance)
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
**Position will be either 2nd or 3rd shift**
**Training will be on 1st shift for 6 months**
Summary of purpose/major responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for supporting the design, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of FFIP equipment in order to maintain a quality Class A environment in GMP facilities at the Swiftwater site. This position reports to and supports the area team Maintenance Manager or Deputy Director who is ultimately responsible for the efficient, effective, and reliable operation of all equipment in their area.
The Maintenance Technician will have interactions with all levels of the organization including HSE, Industrial Operations, Engineering, contractors, R&D, Mtech, and various other support groups.
- Troubleshoot equipment failures, determine root cause, repair/replace site wide equipment
- Preventive/Predictive Maintenance - Daily checks, PM02’s and PMMM’s of GMP and non GMP equipment at the site
- Assist and support other maintenance technicians performing preventive maintenance and /or repairs of site wide equipment
- Completion of work orders and time entries into the SAP system
- Completion of all assigned training modules, SOP’s, SWI’s, safety, and compliance requirements in the ISO train system
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment
- Train and mentor Associate Maintenance Technicians
- All other duties as assigned
Context of the job/major challenges
- The Maintenance Technician is a member of a FFIP maintenance team that supports GMP and/or non GMP areas at the Swiftwater site.
- The ability to multi task, troubleshoots, evaluate and repair site wide equipment is critical to the success of this role and the maintenance department. This position requires the technician to work on intricate and site specific equipment and systems. The equipment and systems include both GMP and non GMP areas.
- The 7/24 GMP production environment requires maintenance technicians to work up to 25% overtime with short notice and working various shifts depending on business needs and production cycles.
- The Maintenance Technician interfaces closely with the customer to provide reliable, safe, and efficient equipment operation and uptime.
- The Maintenance Technician has the ability to influence and impact the Technical Services maintenance and contractor spending budgets with the recommendations and decisions that are made to repair and/or replace faulty equipment.
- The Maintenance Technician also has the ability to influence and impact the productivity and efficiency of manufacturing operations and other site support functions with the recommendations and decisions that are made to repair and/or replace equipment or facilities.
- The work performed by the Maintenance Technician and documentation of this work has a direct impact on the manufacturing operations and quality results of the site.
- The Maintenance Technician is expected to have 5 to 15 years’ experience and a working knowledge of industrial and/or process equipment.
- Preventive maintenance and repairs on industrial and process equipment including but not limited to the following:
Air Handling Unit Operations
Tensioning of belts and alignment
Knowledge of VFD’s, VAV’s,
Knowledge of steam principals
PLC’s and chart recorders
Clean rooms and air balancing
Pump repairs, rebuilds, replacement
Motor replacement and alignment
Schematics and the ability to read blueprints
Electricity including single phase and 3 phase 480V
Replacement of valves and piping system repairs
Knowledge of SAP
Associate degree in a specific trade program is preferred
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community