Maintenance Technician - Electrician
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
This position is 2nd shift.
Maintenance Technician (Electrician)
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for supporting the design, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of all site-wide equipment in order to maintain a Quality Class A environment in GMP facilities.
This position reports to and supports the Area Team Deputy Director, Maintenance, who is ultimately responsible for the efficient, effective and reliable operation of all site-wide equipment in their specific area. This position will have interactions with HSE, Engineering, Outside Contractors/Consultants, Industrial Operations and Research & Development departments.
The ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, evaluate and repair site-wide equipment is critical to the success of this role and the Maintenance Department. This position requires the incumbent to work on intricate and site specific equipment and systems, with many being located in or directly affecting GMP areas and environments. The GMP production environment requires attention to the details and accuracy within good documentation practices.
The 24/7 GMP production environment that exists generates the need to work up to 25% overtime with short notice and the working of various shifts depending on business needs and production cycles. The focus to create and maintain a safety culture that is proactive and striving for zero injuries is of the utmost importance and an expectation for all employees.
The Maintenance Technician has the ability to influence and impact the Site Service Maintenance budget with the recommendations/decisions that are made to repair and/or replace equipment. The Maintenance Technician also has the ability to influence and impact the Manufacturing Buildings productivity and run time with the recommendations/decisions that are made to repair and/or replace equipment. The work performed by the Maintenance Technician and the documentation of this work directly impacts Manufacturing and has the ability to affect deviations within their area of responsibility, which directly affects product produced at the Swiftwater facility.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an electrician mechanic trade or 1 year experience accompanied by an Associate degree/certificate in a specific trade program
The ideal candidate will have considerable experience and knowledge including but not limited to the following:
- Preventive maintenance and repairs on industrial and process equipment
- Generate / process work orders and record material utilized on a computerized maintenance-management system
- Air handling unit operations
- Inspect and test components of electrical systems, including transformers, transfer switches and switch gears.
- Knowledge of VFDs and soft starts.
- Survey electrical systems, circuits and plans
- Motor replacement and alignment and the various tools and techniques associated used
- Electricity including single phase and three phase 480V
- Knowledge of A.C and D.C. circuits and related components.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code
- Ability to use electrical testing and measuring instruments
- Chart recorders
- Schematics, manufacturer’s installation manuals and the ability to read blueprints
- Motors and motor controls, energy management systems, fire protection system circuits, lighting and lighting controls
- Basic hand and power tools
- Ability to interpret, understand, follow and communicate instructions
- Ability to work well with others and be a strong team member
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community