Maintenance Equipment Technician, Swiftwater, PA
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
**2nd shift- 2PM-10:30PM (Flexible)- Mon-Friday**
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, is the largest company in the world devoted entirely to human vaccines. Our driving goal is to protect people from infectious diseases by creating safe and effective vaccines. Sanofi, an integrated global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets, animal health and the new Genzyme.
Sanofi Pasteur offers the broadest range of vaccines in the world, providing protection against 20 bacterial and viral diseases. We distribute more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to vaccinate more than 500 million people across the globe. Our company has more than 13,000 employees worldwide working in 14 production and/or R&D sites with more than 50% of staff devoted to industrial operations (IO). Industrial Operations (IO) at our Swiftwater, Pennsylvania site, the largest vaccine manufacturing facility in the US, continues to develop its manufacturing assets to produce existing and new vaccines and biopharmaceuticals. Sanofi Pasteur provides associates in IO a variety of opportunities to develop and enhance their career through the ability to work in diverse roles across functions, resources for continuous learning, and assistance for those wishing to further their education.
The FFIP Maintenance Technician is responsible for supporting the design, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all Formulation, Filling, Inspection, and Packaging (FFIP) equipment in order to maintain a Quality Class A environment in GMP facilities. This position supports the FFIP area Maintenance Manager, who is ultimately responsible for the efficient, effective, and reliable operation of all FFIP equipment and processes in their specific area. This position will have interactions with Operations, Planning, HSE, Engineering, Site Maintenance, Outside Contractors and Equipment Vendors, Consultants, Other Industrial Operations Groups, and Research and Development.
The FFIP Maintenance Tech is responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Evaluate system failures to determine root cause, troubleshooting and repair of FFIP equipment.
• Preventative Maintenance/Predictive Maintenance tasks of FFIP equipment.
• Assist and support other Maintenance Technicians performing maintenance and/or repair of FFIP equipment.
• Completion of all work orders and time entries in the SAP system. Completion of all assigned training modules, SOPs, SWIs, safety and compliance requirements in the ISOtrain system.
• Support projects as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for FFIP equipment
• Assist in the training and mentoring of Associate Maintenance Technicians
• The ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, evaluate and repair FFIP equipment is critical to the success of this role and the Maintenance Department.
This position requires the incumbent to work on intricate and process specific equipment and systems, with many located in or directly affecting GMP areas and environments where sterile gowning is required. The GMP production environment requires attention to the details and accuracy within good documentation practices. The 24/7 GMP production environment that exists generates the need to work up to 25% overtime with short notice of various shifts depending on business needs and production cycles. The focus to create and maintain a safety culture that is proactive and striving for zero injuries is of the utmost importance and an expectation for all employees.
The FFIP Maintenance Technician has the ability to influence and impact the Site Services Maintenance Budget with the recommendations/decisions that are made to repair and/or replace equipment. The FFIP Maintenance Technician also has the ability influence and impacts the Manufacturing Building’s productivity and run time with the recommendations/decisions that are made to repair and/or replace equipment. The work performed by the FFIP Maintenance Technician and the documentation of this work directly affects products produced at the Swiftwater facility.
• High School diploma or GED required
• Minimum of 5 years’ maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
• Understanding of mechanical, electrical, PLC’s, automation, motion control.
The ideal candidate should have considerable experience and knowledge including but not limited to the following:
• Preventive maintenance and repairs on industrial and process equipment
• Tensioning of belts, alignments,
• Replacement of motors, pumps, and bearings
• Knowledge of electricity including single phase and three phase 480V
• Mechanical aptitude of material movement equipment
• Precision alignment of repetitive motion equipment
• Pumps and fluid flow operation understanding
• Automated inspection and vision systems
• PLC’s and HMI’s
• Schematics and the ability to read building and equipment drawings and system P&ID’s
• Utilities – Compressed Air, HVAC, High Purity Water, Power
• Basic hand and power tools
• Machining ability using lathe and mill equipment
• Associates degree in a Technical discipline is preferable
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community