General Manager of Pentacel Business Unit, Sanofi Pasteur US
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Our Sanofi Pasteur Swiftwater, PA site, where we both research and manufacture vaccines since 1897, has had a tremendous impact on global health and the quality of human life. Nestled among the Pocono Mountains in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, Sanofi Pasteur is home to state-of-the-industry facilities—and a rich and unique history. Our Swiftwater campus is more than 500 acres, housing 44 buildings and encompassing more than one million square feet of building space. Many of our facilities, while bright and modern, still retain the rustic charm of the original stonework.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
- Oversee and direct the development of comprehensive, strategic and tactical plan to maintain the revenue and profitability targets
- Manage the Pentacel P&L, including A&P and other OPEX spend
- Lead the selection process for the Director of Sales, Director of Marketing, Director of Finance /Analytics roles to ensure individuals
- Oversee the development of product(s) branding, product messaging for all target audiences
- Provide guidance/collaborate for development of the market access and pricing strategies to align with value proposition & financial targets
- Routinely communication with the North American Head of Strategy to directly ensure the strategic plan is executed and adapt to align with the targets and lifecycle phase of the product
- Identify and proactively assess market trends that could potentially impact the organization’s ability to achieve financial objectives
- Directly partner with Market Access and National Account management to understand, prepare and manage the impact of Pentacel of the large health systems and retail customers
- Understand customers’ insights to develop and execute brand plans, including conducting customer visits, market research, gathering competitive intelligence and routinely gathering valuable insight from field sales team
- Oversee the development of training plans for field sales teams to execute the strategy and deliver product messages to customers
- Routinely partner with leaders within Industrial Affairs to manage supply and forecast any potential issues and manage impact to customers and finance
- Demonstrate effective communication, collaboration and leadership with all necessary stakeholders to maximize ability to execute objectives in timely manner and with efficiency
- Understand and assess the impact of other competitive pediatric vaccines on the Pentacel schedule and portfolio offer and develop approach to address any key product or customer questions
Leadership and Personal Development
- Establish clear and specific objectives for team and individual performance, routinely provide specific feedback, coaching and modeling to each member of team to maximize ability to develop
- Set realistic and attainable objectives for improving job performance in specific areas; ensure assessments and development plan are routinely updated in Workday
- Demonstrate ownership of, and execute personal development plan by proactively engaging in efforts to improve job performance, this includes partnership with peers, leadership and global franchise team
- Consistently model company core values
- Have a firm understanding of industry regulations related to promotion of products and reinforce education of regulatory and internal policies and procedures within team
- Establish a succession plan for marketers and manage the performance of the personnel within the plan; routinely partner with Human Resources to evaluate and assess quality of individuals and development plans identified in succession plan
- Lead the LRP process and ensure accurate assessment and strategy is established
- Support the development and continuous improvement of Pentacel Brand Plan development process and forecasting
- Support the development and alignment of annual business planning calendar for the Brand Plan and ensure it is aligned with StratPlan and Budget processes.
- Demonstrate strong partnerships with all internal stakeholders to develop, monitor and routinely assess plan
Needed experience, qualifications and competencies
Sanofi Pasteur is seeking an innovative, expert marketer, with previous experience in taking
products to launch, leading teams, high level of strategic thinking and decision making. This position requires typically 25% of travel.
- Required to have a minimum of 8-10 years in a leadership role in vaccine marketing, sales or pharmaceutical company
- Required to have core knowledge about all commercial topics such as markets, customer segmentation, payer systems and networks, consumer behavior, marketing strategy, market research, customer development etc.
- Ability to recognize competitive opportunities, develop the appropriate brand strategies to strategically position the product and create competitive differentiation across various customer segments, markets and target customers
- Develop contingency plans necessary to meet changes in the business environment (e.g., regulatory changes, new competitors and interruptions in production/supply)
- Ability to maintain focus on the various activities and to provide clear direction and coordination
- Required experience managing people and leading key strategic cross functional projects , sales and marketing
- Desirable: Additional experience in leading a different function, such as market access, field sales, strategy and operations or training
Education & Skills
- College degree required; MBA preferred
- 10 + years of experience in vaccines or pharmaceutical companies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effective manage and develop talent
- Exceptional ability to lead and influence in cross functional groups
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on strategic plan
- Demonstrated ability to manage through product challenges (i.e., supply, competitive challenges, launches)
- Proficient in English
- Ability to professionally manage disagreement: view every interaction as chance to tap into another’s expertise and to encourage people to express what they really think
- Being a catalyst / influencer for change and innovation
- Demonstrated excellence in Leadership and Team Work
- Management of diverse and multi-location teams
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community