Director of Strategic Planning and Excellence
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Our Sanofi Pasteur Swiftwater, PA site, where we both research and manufacture vaccines since 1897, has had a tremendous impact on global health and the quality of human life. Nestled among the Pocono Mountains in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, Sanofi Pasteur is home to state-of-the-industry facilities—and a rich and unique history. Our Swiftwater campus is more than 500 acres, housing 44 buildings and encompassing more than one million square feet of building space. Many of our facilities, while bright and modern, still retain the rustic charm of the original stonework.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
The Director of Strategic Planning and Excellence is a key position in driving ComOps priorities and execution of our business plan. The position establishes key standards and needs for the ComOps organization as it relates to systems, while working with Functional heads to ensure appropriate assessments are completed to ensure a robust project plan.
In this capacity, the Director also works closely with the Heads of ITS (globally and US) to ensure the US ComOps and vaccines business needs are represented and taken into account for Global initiatives and establishment of major platforms (SAP, ERP, etc.) which impact multiple facets of the business operations.
Similarly, the position also works with Heads of Medical, Legal and Regulatory to define rules and processes for the effective review and approval of Commercial tactics in line with Strategic plans. In this scope, the position drives the Review Committee (RC) process and leads the mediation/arbitration through the Executive RC meetings. Within RC, the position defines & approves KPIs to improve the functioning of the process and to highlight resource needs.
This position enables the shift to a digital environment by navigating the matrixed organization in order to define the requirements and process to effectively launch Digital campaigns. Finally, the position is responsible for the education of the Commercial teams within the scope of responsibility in order to ensure robust Project Management for timely campaign launches while also adhering to compliance standards.
Strategic Planning for Global & Regional Projects
Represents US ComOps in global and North America information systems initiatives that have implications for the North America business and related commercial functions
- Liase with Global and North American ITS leaders to ensure open dialogue and transparency on key initiatives and their progress
- Assess and translate implications on US and Canada Commercial Operations (e.g. Order to Case, Demand management, among others)
- Work with the Commercial Management Committee and other US leaders to ensure key functions are engaged in impact assessment and solution identification, including impact on people, processes and ways of working
- Lead resource needs identification for long-term solutions
- Identify critical needs and propose projects that will drive overall SP US performance, especially on projects with ITS needs and broad implications for the broader portfolio and/or customer base
- Drive a focus and clarity on budget and headcount impact
Leadership and Governance for Strategic Projects
- Lead critical projects with ITS and BO&S leads, and represent Marketing and Sales needs and views
- Collaboratively build solutions and challenge assumptions
- Provide oversight to the PMO resources on project plans with a critical eye on Go/No-Go decisions
- Establish governance for each major project with representation from key leaders (Committees, Core teams, RACI, etc.)
- Drive a culture of accountability and clear deliverables, and provide structure (e.g. RACI)
- Assess solutions for immediate and long-term needs
- Work closely with PMO resources to ensure projects undergo appropriate risk assessments and ensure contingency plans are in place
- Centralize knowledge and project progress for effective project management and knowledge transfer. Develop projects dashboard to support current view of portfolio and resourcing decisions
Enabling Digital Projects
- Lead the ComOps team in defining criteria to accelerate Digital initiatives including solutions targeted at ITS functionality, Compliance guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Simplify governance and decision making by navigating a matrixed organization to ensure Sanofi Pasteur initiative and campaigns are launched effectively and efficiently
- Drive clarity on regulatory requirements and ensure all Project Owners and leaders of Medical, Regulatory and Legal teams to centralize guidance
- Ensure Project Owners follow core tenets, providing training as needed
- Work with PMO resources to maintain Internet Validation Committee guidelines and database
Serve as communication link between Customer Marketing and ITS to ensure speed of digital tactic deployment to ensure understanding of critical business needs and required functionality
Leadership of Review Committee and Process
- Lead the Review Committee with input from business leaders (Marketing, Medical, Legal and Regulatory, among others
- Manage the structure and functioning of the RC, making adjustments as needed with feedback from business leaders
- Serve as the ComOps lead on establishing regulatory guidance for promotional practices and messages
- Identify issues and opportunities to meet business needs by driving clarity and interpretation of governing bodies such as the FDA and CDC, among others
- Lead the RC process including resolution on key misalignments and disagreements through the Executive Review Committee
- Serve as RC Chair as needed
- Maximize data to identify bottlenecks and opportunities to ensure issue remediation and resourcing decisions across multiple stakeholders
- Ensure a strong focus on KPIs to drive decision making, resourcing decisions (across multiple groups) and process simplification and training, among others
Team Leadership and Standards Development
- Lead a diverse team of PMO and RC experts with ownership of their development and coaching for performance
- Drive a culture of constant process improvement and set project standards by closely monitoring KPIs and first-hand experience with stakeholders
- Ensure team has strong development plans and clear priorities with routine touchpoints for timely feedback
- Provide clear feedback to Heads of Marketing and RC on strengths and opportunities for their teams based on observations through RC process and key projects
- Highlight the most significant aspects of the environment that affects the job. Describe the most important problems to resolve to achieve the job’s major purpose.
- To be successful in the PMO Director must be able to navigate and work cross-functionally across all areas of ComOps in order to ensure constant coordination, collaboration and communication in order to gain consensus on prioritization and execution.
- Education/experience: BS/BA required with a minimum of 5 years of relevant Commercial or Project Management experience within healthcare industry (regulated environment).
- Minimum 2+ years of people management and coaching experience
- Advanced Project management and organizational skills with a clear focus on project management principles to drive accountability and a focus on deliverables, risk management and process improvement
- Demonstrated leadership skills with an ability to influence others, make decisions.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community