Deputy Director External Manufacturing
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Job purpose, key tasks and responsibilities:
Manufacturing Partnerships Deputy Director is responsible for the performance and execution of manufacturing activities with Sanofi Pasteur External Manufacturing Partners (Contract Manufacturers, Market Access partners, Other Sanofi facilities). (Partnership is where SP decides to outsource production and transfer industrial know-how to an external organization in order to access new markets/new products or new technology to add value to SP business and market share).
The incumbent will represent SP to external partners and delivers expectations as per assignment. The incumbent will also be the MPO representative to internal functions such as Supply Chain, Quality, Industrial Strategy, Tech Transfer, Regulatory Affairs & others and will lead a cross functional team during production campaigns, projects and special situations.
This is high visibility cross-functional position and requires high level of problem-solving attitude, excellent relationship management skills and ability to anticipate problems and to propose mitigations. This position provides close insight into working or other functions and builds solid foundation for career growth in various areas
The position holder:
- Collaborates with Sanofi facilities and various site & global functions to deliver expectations in terms of on-time delivery, industrial performance, cost, relationship management and customer services
- Works with partners and monitors performance to ensure delivery of activities as per agreement
- Represents SP to Partners and perform annual performance reviews. And represents the partners within SP
- Good understanding of Supply Chain, Quality and Tech Transfer process and continuously update self with changes in processes, organizational changes and responsibilities
- Diligently able to navigate the organizational complexities and utilize positions of influence
- Lead, develop and schedule the production plans with the partner in line with Supply Chain / commercial expectations. Sign-off on detailed production plan prepared by CMOs and closely monitors delivery. Communicate partner performance to internal stakeholders at required intervals (daily, weekly, monthly). Analyze risks and prepare mitigation plans with the partner
- Close coordination with Supply Chain to manage demand & supply expectations. Takes over the product ownership once product leaves SP facility. Maintains clear and simple communication of performance indicator
- Be the MPO Point of Contact (POC) between SP functions and stakeholders involved in Manufacturing Partnerships at any stage of the partnership (candidate, pre-project, project, operations).
- Manage end-to-end project with clear tasks and accountabilities. Assess resource requirement for each new milestone
- Manage governance of the industrial aspects (work streams, ramp-up of activities, prioritization) during partnership lifecycle, propose actions plans, manage project timelines and communicates to various levels of management
- Provide visibility on SP partnerships within VIA. Collaborate, communicate and manage activities with other functional contributors
- Key contributor in negotiation of Supply & Technology Transfer Agreements and responsible to implement contractual commitments with the partner
- Forecast campaign costs for CMO activities and monitor project costs at regular intervals
- Build and support partnerships through relationship management, performance management, respecting the contract, performing benchmarking to define best in class partnership operations (policies / procedures / practices / metrics, promoting & enabling improvements / innovation)
Environment / key internal and external stakeholders
- Geographical scope of the job: Global
- Internal stakeholders: Business Development, Manufacturing Technology Transfer, Production sites, Finance, Industrial Product Leader (IPL), Quality, Regulatory Affairs, Supply Chain
- External stakeholders: Partners and Regulatory authorities
- Up to 25% – 30% Travel will be required
Needed experience, qualifications and competencies
- 10 years minimum in vaccines/pharma or other industrial setups
- Experience in multicultural complex environment with remote teams and transversal leadership
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Bachelor’s degree (business, economics, engineering or other)
- Master’s Degree is a plus
- Solid experience in project management & team management
- Excellent verbal and written English (multilingual is a plus)
- Knowledge of Industrial technics, cGMP and regulatory environment
- Relationship management and intercultural awareness
- Advance Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to drive and motivate people in target achievement
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community