Deputy Director, Digital Marketing
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Our Sanofi Pasteur Swiftwater, PA site, where we both research and manufacture vaccines since 1897, has had a tremendous impact on global health and the quality of human life. Nestled among the Pocono Mountains in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, Sanofi Pasteur is home to state-of-the-industry facilities—and a rich and unique history. Our Swiftwater campus is more than 500 acres, housing 44 buildings and encompassing more than one million square feet of building space. Many of our facilities, while bright and modern, still retain the rustic charm of the original stonework.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
The Deputy Director of Digital Marketing will drive development and execution of the US Business Unit strategy and tactics which includes support of the Sanofi Pasteur vaccine brands. This position identifies synergies across the portfolio and techonologies in order to execute a cohesive strategy to maximize ideas and key learnings across the promoted brands.
This position will serve as a digital expert, supporting multiple brands. As part of this, they will work closely with the US franchise marketing team members to ensure that brand messaging and positioning are implemented and optimized across all digital tactics. This role will drive digital multi-channel engagement across brands to maximize precision marketing efforts and better understand our customers. Another key aspect of this role will include leading the closed loop marketing aspect of Veeva CRM in order to evolve the functionality based on business need as well as manage across brands to ensure optimal user experience and economies of scale. The person in this role will drive innovative ideas based on business need to support brand objectives.
The position actively liases and aligns with other key stakeholders which includes but not limited to Analytics & Reporting, ITS, VaxServe, Regulatory, Legal, Compliance, and other Sanofi business units. They will coordinate all activities with external and internal partners (Project Management) to ensure project objectives and key milestones are achieved as planned. Management of digital agencies is a key aspect of this role.
The position identifies industry trends in advance and optimizes the campaigns through well defined analytics. This position will work closely with the Head of Digital & Consumer to develop and manage forecasts and financial plans.
SEGMENT / CHANNEL PERFORMANCE:
Objective: Maximize the organization’s objectives for increasing immunization coverage and brand differentiation and deliver on our financial goals.
- Achieve forecasts and key milestones as planned.
- Develop stretch but achievable strategies in concert with Marketing Management.
- Drive a well-thought out, analytical approach to identify business opportunities, and targeted segmentation to drive desired customer/patient behavior
- Partner with key stakeholders and vendors to develop KPIs to inform the performance of our strategies & tactics and well-justified adjustments
Maximize information systems to ensure infrastructure and foundational support critical for the execution of our tactics and KPI gathering.
DIGITAL AND OMNI-CHANNEL:
Objective: Help develop Digital Strategy and precision marketing efforts for Sanofi Pasteur to deliver the right message to the right target audience at the right time
- Work with the Head of Consumer & Digital Marketing to develop and execute sound strategies for omni-channel initiatives, including all digital assets (websites, applications, email campaigns, etc.)
- Ensure integration with franchise strategy to ensure Digital strategies and precision marketing are at the core
- Build strong partnership and communication with key stakeholders to ensure their support and input (ITS, MCE, Regulatory, etc.), while ensuring the integrity and compliance of our digital assets.
- Coordinate with other areas within Sanofi Pasteur to ensure consistent execution of our digital strategy (e.g. with VaxServe, Advocacy and Communications)
Support the establishment of a core knowledge base for the extended Marketing team, including Customer and Brand Marketers
Objective: Maximize the performance for the closed loop marketing aspect of Veeva CRM
- Drive development of additional functionality to support business needs and support future enhancements
- Monitor results and provide business insights to help inform business decisions
- Manage digital production agency in development of marketing materials across brands
Budget/Vendor and Stakeholder Management:
- Ensure strong performance through metrics/KPIs. Maintain a routine cycle of metrics/analytics review to drive strategy evolution and decision-making
- Closely manage allocated budget and reconcile with Finance partners
- Oversee vendor deliverables
- Ensure adherence to digital best practices and Sanofi Pasteur standards
- Educate and support product managers in navigating the RC process and approvals. Launch assets into marketplace.
- Assist with ITS platform testing efforts, including execution of test scripts, unit testing, etc.
LEADERSHIP & DEVELOPMENT:
Objective: Demonstrate ownership of business objectives, gain consensus from peers, stakeholders and leadership, and provide coaching and development to team members.
- Support the Strategic Planning process for Digital, ensuring robust assessment of the business environment & needs and subject matter expertise
- Maintain state of the industry knowledge for digital marketing trends, tools, platforms, etc. and bring new ideas for internal consideration
- Maintain a thorough understanding of brand strategies and tactical requirements
- Own and execute personal development plan and coach team members in digital acumen
- Support and represent the team needs to drive appropriate prioritization and resource allocation, e.g. ITS projects
- Model company values
- BA/BS Degree in Marketing, Business Management or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years Digital Marketing experience
- 4 – 6 years Project Management experience
- Experience managing Digital agency/vendor preferred
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community