Deputy Director, Data Science-Swiftwater, PA
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Our Sanofi Pasteur Swiftwater, PA site, where we both research and manufacture vaccines since 1897, has had a tremendous impact on global health and the quality of human life. Nestled among the Pocono Mountains in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, Sanofi Pasteur is home to state-of-the-industry facilities—and a rich and unique history. Our Swiftwater campus is more than 500 acres, housing 44 buildings and encompassing more than one million square feet of building space. Many of our facilities, while bright and modern, still retain the rustic charm of the original stonework.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
The Deputy Director, Data Science position will facilitate securing reliable and sustainable supply of quality vaccines while fostering innovation of high-performance products and solutions to patients.
Individuals within the Data Science role are thought leaders by delivering data driven tools for robust and efficient processes and technology with associated know how transfer to Manufacturing through the use of big data statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. In addition to advanced analytic skills, this role is also proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied data sets, architect of a specialized database and computing environments and communicating results.
- Responsible for designing and advancing the concepts of big data analytics and machine learning. Integrating and preparing large, varied data sets, architect of a specialized database and computing environments.
- Solving process related problems using data-driven techniques.
- Responsible for providing methodologies for activities such as Statistical Process Control, data mining and process modeling.
- Manage, coach, train and develop employees.
- Lead Modeling and Process Control Strategy activities for new vaccines and bio-pharmaceuticals (phase 2 or 3 on wards) AND life-cycle improvements of existing vaccines processes and testing.
- Support global evolution of data science and drive its implementation at the site. Promote innovation at the site.
- A minimum Master's degree, preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics, Computer Science or a similar technical field of study with 2 - 5 years' industry experience OR
- A Ph. D in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics, Computer Science or a similar technical field of study with 0 - 2 years' experience.
- Programming and code development skills is required (preferably in R, Python)
- Experience with cloud technologies, cloud application deployment, and web development framework
- Familiar with biologic processes
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with CFRs applicable to the pharmaceutical industry
The Company believes that facilitating cross-functional development of its employees is extremely important. While posting a job internally does not guarantee that an internal candidate will be selected for the position, it does bring transparency to the hiring process and allows interested employees to inquire about or apply for the position.
Employees are encouraged to pursue their career interests within their own departments and also to consider opportunities in other departments. Employees are encouraged to consider opportunities in different department where they can utilize their transferable skills.
The Company supports its hiring managers sourcing and considering qualified employees for open requisitions. The Company equally supports managers who consider the long-term needs of the organization and of its employees by fostering internal talent movement. In this way, the Company can help retain and develop its most valuable resource, its people.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community