2019 Vaccines Industrial Affairs Summer Internship Program
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Our Sanofi Pasteur Swiftwater, PA site, where we both research and manufacture vaccines since 1897, has had a tremendous impact on global health and the quality of human life. Nestled among the Pocono Mountains in Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, Sanofi Pasteur is home to state-of-the-industry facilities—and a rich and unique history. Our Swiftwater campus is more than 500 acres, housing 44 buildings and encompassing more than one million square feet of building space. Many of our facilities, while bright and modern, still retain the rustic charm of the original stonework.
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Title: 2019 Vaccines Industrials Associate Summer Internship Program
Entity: Sanofi Pasteur
Location: Swiftwater, PA
Duration: June - August 2019
Note: Candidates must be available 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi is organized into five global business units: Diabetes and Cardiovascular, General Medicines and Emerging Markets, Sanofi Genzyme, Sanofi Pasteur and Consumer Healthcare. Sanofi is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY).
Sanofi Pasteur, the vaccines division of Sanofi, provides more than 1 billion doses of vaccine each year, making it possible to immunize more than 500 million people across the globe. A world leader in the vaccine industry, Sanofi Pasteur produces a portfolio of high quality vaccines that matches its areas of expertise and meets public-health demand. The company's heritage, to create vaccines that protect life, dates back more than a century. Sanofi Pasteur is the largest company entirely dedicated to vaccines. Every day, the company invests more than EUR 1 million in research and development. For more information, please visit: www.sanofipasteur.com or www.sanofipasteur.us.
Discover your future…
Sanofi’s university opportunities offer exposure to a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Student hires work side-by-side with biopharmaceutical professionals, providing an opportunity to make an impact in the lives of patients around the globe. This internship may lead to a full-time opportunity upon graduation based on successful performance reviews and final interview process. One of the goals of this program is to feed a leadership pipeline of top talent for our Sanofi Pasteur Industrial Operations Associate Program. The Program provides in-depth training over two years through industrial affairs-focused rotations within the Sanofi Pasteur business. This Sanofi Pasteur program launches your career to the next level through a targeted approach.
Join us in one of the following industrial operations-focused areas: Production, Continuous Improvement, Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Quality or Supply Chain
Responsibilities may include:
- Support the engineering team with daily activities and develop a spreadsheet that will be used to support regulatory agency audits
- Support project execution in the areas of commissioning & qualification, sterilization, performance qualifications and drawing updates
- Support process characterization and robustness studies for poly purification
- Support the development of efficient processes and technologies
- Support laboratory activities on a daily basis to achieve industrial excellence to guarantee the accuracy and conformity of the processes and techniques utilized for the production of the vaccines and biologics manufactured at the Sanofi Pasteur industrial sites
- Support execution of small-scale development and engineering batches.
- Support cycle counting program, inventory auditing function and ensure adherence to policies and procedures which support GxP compliance and the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002
- Assist platform engineers with process design activities and tech transfer projects
- Review and establish process control strategies for processes to ensure robust industrial performance
- Process simulation to establish predictive modeling capability to enhance business strategy and decision making
- Participate in project execution through development of process flow diagrams, mass balances and process definition as well as possible manufacturing support on the shop floor for troubleshooting and tech transfer of new or existing products.
- Create Reference Standards & Critical Reagent inventory tables for QC test methods
- Assist in the development of specifications for quality managed materials and be responsible for the documentation of related data in the company’s document control system
NOTE: Specific roles and responsibilities for each internship will be shared and discussed during the final round interviewing process.
- Must be working towards a bachelor’s degree at an accredited university, with plans to graduate in Spring 2020
- 3.0/4.0 GPA is a minimum requirement
- Must have permanent US work authorization
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Working towards a degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Business
- Strong interest in Industrial Affairs
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the desire and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptability in a changing and challenging environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Please apply through your school’s career site As a required part of Sanofi’s application process, please also complete our mandatory survey:
Sanofi Pasteur SA and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet