Medical Managed Care Liaison - Vaccines - West Region
San Francisco, CA;Denver, CO;Phoenix, AZ;Dallas, TX;Los Angeles, CA
Sanofi, in the U.S. and Canada, strives to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that empowers employees to drive their careers and be successful. As the field-based scientific lead serving as the comprehensive scientific/medical/managed care expert for the Sanofi, candidates within Medical Affairs will help build strong relationships and networks with healthcare decision makers, provide insights to internal teams on evidence gaps to help inform research and product strategy, and identifies/facilitates outcomes research, education, and other collaborations per applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The position supports strategic and cross functional alignment within the organization in order to optimize patient access and ensure safe and appropriate use of Sanofi therapies.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
NOTE: Territory includes the Western half of the United States. The successful candidate must reside in the territory, or be willing to relocate there at own cost; preferred location would be in a major metro area in California, Dallas/Ft.Worth., Phoenix, or Denver. Other locations could be considered.
The Medical Managed Care Liaison (MMCL) serves as the medical scientific lead for population-based healthcare decision-makers (PBDM) to facilitate scientific exchange on disease state management and the value of Sanofi Pasteur products, to provide insights to internal teams on key evidence gaps relevant to healthcare decision-makers, and to identify/facilitate value-based research, education, and other collaborations per applicable SOPs. This position represents the Sanofi Pasteur vaccine portfolio serving as the MMCL lead for assigned strategic national accounts. The MMCL is an expert in how scientific information is used by PBDM regarding formulary decisions and is able to create and maintain relationships with key decision-makers in assigned national accounts.
The MMCL Liaison is a strategic partner within Sanofi Pasteur, Sanofi Genzyme, and Sanofi. The position supports the strategic and cross-functional alignment within the organization in order to achieve the medical mission of safe and appropriate use of Sanofi products. The MMCL collaborates with Medical Communications and Publications, Medical Science Liaisons, and Vaccines Epidemiology and Modeling (VEM), National accounts personnel and other internal stakeholders to provide input and to develop and implement field strategy, tactics, and associated resources and training needs for the MMCL team. In partnership with multiple internal stakeholders, the MMCL aids in developing short and long-term strategies to integrate and advance the communication and needs of the health care community. This position reports to the Regional Director, Medical Science Liaison Team and is a member of the Sanofi Pasteur North American Medical Affairs team. The individual must have the ability to:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with national managed care organizations, pharmacy purchasing organizations/group purchasing organizations, national retail pharmacy accounts, and large integrated delivery networks
- Translate medical and health economic information into relevant information for all types of assigned national accounts based on a deep understanding of the different medical and business needs of various customer segments.
- Understand medical and business strategy to develop integrated medical and outcomes plans that support overall franchise goals of organization/BU.
- Provide internal stakeholders with customer insights and correlating business recommendations.
- The Medical Managed Care Liaison (MMCL) serves as the medical scientific lead for population-based healthcare decision makers (PBDM) to facilitate scientific exchange on disease state management and the value of Sanofi Pasteur products, to provide insights to internal teams on key evidence gaps relevant to healthcare decision-makers, and to identify/facilitate value based research, education, and other collaborations per applicable SOPs. This position represents the Sanofi Pasteur vaccine portfolio serving as the MMCL lead for assigned strategic national accounts. The MMCL is an expert in how scientific information is used by PBDM regarding formulary decisions and is able to create and maintain relationships with key decision makers in assigned national accounts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Equivalent Experience:
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of the current US healthcare system, payer models, healthcare delivery, and biotechnology drug/devise development process required.
- Knowledge of HEOR disciplines, and a basic understanding of biostatistics and evidence-based medicine required (i.e. research methodology, developing clinical protocols, clinical reports, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and work effectively in a constantly changing environment in both an independent and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrates a customer service mindset and the ability to gain insights and identify customer needs and opportunities.
- Advanced strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge to effectively communicate medical, scientific, health economic, and business information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates cross-function collaboration in healthcare/industry settings
- Adaptable in changing the healthcare landscape
Educational Background/Job-Related Experience/Requirements
- Education: Advanced degree required; Doctoral degree - MD, PharmD; strongly preferred; MBA or additional degree in health economics, health outcomes, public health or health policy.
- Managed care experience required (e.g., experience as a medical/clinical executive within managed healthcare organization or similar experience within the pharmaceutical industry)
- Clinical and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in specialty therapeutic fields strongly preferred (e.g., infectious disease, vaccinology, immunology)
- Greater than 5 years pharmaceutical industry, managed care experience, or similar organizational required (e.g., field-based medical/HEOR, value-access, market access)
Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a complete background check.
Driving a company car in a safe manner to daily meetings and appointments are required.
Responsible for operating the motor vehicle using safe driving practices, knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, and obeying all traffic laws.
- The MMCL will work in the West Region of the United States
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pasteur Glassdoor: #GD-SP
Pasteur LinkedIn: #LI-SP
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet